What's new

Discs not loading - player or media problem? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I am running into this more and more. Buy a new disc and the player refuses to load it, then after several attempts (5-20 tries) finally does and the disc plays fine. The next time I go to play the disc, same problem.

I have seen this on two discs in the Deadwood set, and most recently Criterion's Amarcord and The Leopard. I don't have a second player to try these in (Toshiba BD60 with latest firmware), but every other disc loads fine, if they had problems initially, they continue to have problems.

Should I be returning these discs, or is this a player problem?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I had that happen a few times and the problem was that the disc was trying to connect to the web. Once I turned off BluRay live in my Oppo, it loaded fine. M

Maybe or maybe not what you are seeing. I don't know if there would be an eventual "time out" if it failed repeatedly.

Brian

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

If the same thing is happening to multiple discs, it doesn't seem like a problem with the discs.

Why not? Every other disc works fine, but those that don't the first time continue not to. If this were happening randomly I could see it being a player problem, but it is limited to select titles, and only select discs within multidisc sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks