What's new

Discovery,History Channel Junkie (1 Viewer)

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I have watched quite a bit of Discovery HD, mainly because it has such gorgeous pictures. I'm still in the "I'll watch anything if it's HD" stage, still in awe of the quality. Discovery and PBS have been the best sources so far, but PBS is rather disappointing in that they run the same shows over and over and over and....

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Took me about a year to get over the "watching grass grow on HDTV" syndrome.
I have to plug my favorite program, The Western Tradition on PBSU. I am addicted to the show and have seen all 52 episodes at least a dozen times. Eugene Weber is great and sometimes funny in a strange way.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
most of them are on the science channel now.

did someone mention "good eats"? :emoji_thumbsup: probably my all-time fave cooking show. i used to have a thing for "iron chef" as well ... but that's kinda tapered off. and rachel ray - yummy!

anyone watch the show called "taboo"? i think it's on the national geographic channel. very interesting insight into other cultures - makes me realize just how diverse this planet really is.

if i watch anymore home improvement shows (besides "ask this old house") i'm gonna puke. and, just for the record, i think bob villa is a pompous arse.

oh yeah, i kind of have a guilty pleasure watching "dogs with jobs" on the animal planet. :)

nova and frontline are consistently among the best shows.

finally, to finish this inane rambling ... tivo is a godsend.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Rachel Ray Is Very Very Yummy. I have cooked a couple of things from her show that came out not to bad. Good eats is a hoot, when I can see how the Glutan from this and the starch from that form a cohesive Thingamado.

Sunday night was great. There was this great show on the food of IRELAND ( Im Irish) then right after there was a great show about the great american BEER festival. Oh how sweet it is.

Phil_L

Second Unit
The quality of Discovery and TLC has seriously eroded. I do like MythBusters and the science/nature programs though. History Channel is a big fave of mine. I really should get digital cable so I can watch all the other Discovery spin-off channels, which thankfully seem to have less "let's makeover your house/face/fiance" type programming.

I do watch alot of Lifetime for the Golden Girls. Oooops, did I just say that out loud????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks