What's new

Disc sleeves for 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you buy a disc that comes in a case and also has a sleeve, do you keep the sleeve? I don’t. I usually just keep the disc in its case. Is there a reason for keeping the outer sleeve?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you talking about the slipcover like the one below? If so, yes, I keep them just because it better protects the disc case.

1706810705284.png

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I see them as an extra impediment to getting to the disc. I only keep a select few on there, if they have a nifty design or something unique. Otherwise, I have most of them stored in a desk drawer. And I have thrown a few away. (Which should cause some heart attacks on those other forums.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Throw away the slipcover. Redeem the digital code. Rip the disc. Put the cased disc in the bookshelf in a side room and never look at it again.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I see them as an extra impediment to getting to the disc.

That was their original design purpose - it would help stop retail theft by making the product take longer to steal, which made it not worth it to some would-be thieves, and made it easier to spot others. That’s why they were initially limited to the first pressing; even at the height of its popular, old catalog titles on DVD weren’t getting stolen at the rate this week’s new release was. That they became collectibles was an unexpected side effect.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I keep the slipcovers of course, and not only that, I keep the J-cards -are they called?- from steelbooks and other blu-ray releases. I don't throw anything away.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I keep everything that comes with my movie discs, too. I've kept 100 or so code inserts for digital copies that I can't even use because I'm in Canada and they're U.S. imports with digital codes that won't work here. The latest one was for the 4K "Love Actually", which wasn't released in Canada if you can believe it. I'm saving all of my U.S.-only digital codes for Josh Steinberg if he ever drops by, but don't tell him. I want it to be a surprise.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I keep all the stuff that comes with the purchase- slipcovers, digital code sheets
(never have used the codes), etc.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I keep everything that comes with my movie discs, too. I've kept 100 or so code inserts for digital copies that I can't even use because I'm in Canada and they're U.S. imports with digital codes that won't work here. The latest one was for the 4K "Love Actually", which wasn't released in Canada if you can believe it. I'm saving all of my U.S.-only digital codes for Josh Steinberg if he ever drops by, but don't tell him. I want it to be a surprise.

Your secret is safe with us, sir.

Moleman X

Agent
Real Name
Rob Peace
I keep slipcovers that have different artwork from the case, especially lenticular ones for 3D releases. Otherwise, they're just taking up valuable shelf space. Into the recycling bin!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks