What's new

Direct TV question (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Forgive my ignorance. Please explain what direcTV is. I have a friend in the caribbean who wants me to find out if I can get a direcTV card in Canada for them to use over there. I don't know if this is legal or not as I don't really know much about direcTV.

Thanks,

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Neil, it sounds as if they are asking to get an additional card or a test card so that they would be able to receive all channels on the system. I know that they are not illegal in Canada because of legislation that was passed (I don't have the actual law for reference purposes) but I believe it is illegal in the United States and that is why the US does not have any companies that sell these cards.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
For whatever reason a person in Canada can't buy DirecTV service even though the signal is available. I suppose the same may be true in the Carribean. For information, I'd look at www.dbsforums.com and the alt.video.dss and similar newsgroups.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks