What's new

Direct Digital output (1 Viewer)

Chaminda

Auditioning
I haven't decided on a player yet so telling me to try out different connections is a little pointless right now, even for audition some players may have a poor optical output than others, the whole point of this thread was to try and understand whats out there for playing both music and films. As for Brian, he missed the point completely, I wanted to know why audiophiles do NOT recommend the optical link, the analogue link is not the issue here.

As we seem to be running around in circles not getting any closer to the answer maybe I can at least benefit from the experience on this forum. Do any of you use the DVD player for music as well, and if so which model player would you recommend I audition for this purpose? Also have you tried using both analogue and digital connections? Do you notice a differance? All opinions welcome

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Well, it seems that the answer you seek is not one that is possible.

It seems what you're really looking for someone who agrees with an article you read a while back and can't completely recall... and can explain to you why it is the case.

Instead, I have repeatedly offered counterpoints on why it is unlikely that it works as you suggested, and why even the small element of changing the electical signal into light should be a non-issue.

If you're seeking information on DVD players and their musicality- and seeking specific models- you might find better results in the A/V sources area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks