What's new

Dinotopia - P&S made me dizzy! (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Watched the 2 hour season opener of Dinotopia last night. VERY obvious it was filmed in widescreen then P&S'd for analog broadcast! The frame floated annoying off and on for the entire program....

DwightK

Second Unit
Was watching this show and switching to the louis Vuitton Cup during commercials. All well except I ended up not switching back to Dino after about 40 minutes.
None of the characters were the same as the TV movie that came out whenever ago. Did not pace well for me either. Oh well. Another show I had high hopes for...:thumbsdown:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I doubt you'll have to worry about the P&S job. the show didn't score too well in the ratings, and I'll bet it's expensive to film (CGI), and it might not be worth it for ABC much longer...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i didnt have it on too long but i did see one scene that had 2 women on the screen. both were on the very edge of each side the left and right and both had their side closest to the edge cut off. only half a person.
and it looked very much like it was supposed to be a wide shot that had the sides cut off.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah it most definatly was shot in widescreen. Almost every scene had somoene cut off during a conversation

capt

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Well the original miniseries was in widescreen also but nobody complained when the DVD was released P&S. I'd be shocked if the new series wasn't produced in widescreen as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks