What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Holy smokes. What a sale. Benny and Joon... Highly recommended.

I’ve also always liked Pieces of April.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I have a few titles on my list that I just received Cheap Chart notifications for. Been waiting for SAVE THE TIGER to drop to $4.99 and it finally has during the period I have been tracking it. Never seen this film and I am a big Jack Lemmon fan. He won Best Actor for his performance so I have been itching to see this.
Never saw it either. Picked it up yesterday and watched it last night. Wife and I both liked it. Very different role for Lemmon. Liked seeing Thayer David and Lara Parker too!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Never saw it either. Picked it up yesterday and watched it last night. Wife and I both liked it. Very different role for Lemmon. Liked seeing Thayer David and Lara Parker too!

Hi Robert!

I liked the film as well. It is a completely different role for Lemmon and his performance was as remarkable as I had anticipated it to be. No argument that his Best Actor win was well-deserved here.

I have always loved Jack Lemmon. The first time I even knew he existed was watching THE PRISONER OF SECOND AVENUE as a teenager. And if you have seen that film, his performance just grabs you and I was forever a fan. Of course, I had to work backward over the years to see his more notable earlier roles in SOME LIKE IT HOT, THE APARTMENT, and MISTER ROBERTS.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In the Line of Fire is on sale yet again, but I keep forgetting why exactly I should just get the 4K disc instead -- I do have the old BD, which seems plenty inferior (enough). Something to do w/ the audio being significantly inferior compared to the 4K disc (beyond what might be normal of lossy vs lossless tracks). Can anyone remind/fill me in on that? I tried searching on the site, but couldn't find the info.

Thanks!

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hi Robert!

I liked the film as well. It is a completely different role for Lemmon and his performance was as remarkable as I had anticipated it to be. No argument that his Best Actor win was well-deserved here.

I have always loved Jack Lemmon. The first time I even knew he existed was watching THE PRISONER OF SECOND AVENUE as a teenager. And if you have seen that film, his performance just grabs you and I was forever a fan. Of course, I had to work backward over the years to see his more notable earlier roles in SOME LIKE IT HOT, THE APARTMENT, and MISTER ROBERTS.
Thanks for mentioning this film, Ron. I love Lemmon's work, but have never seen this one. I just picked it up.

That's what I love about this thread. Sometimes a person mentions a title that I would have missed. Found some gems here.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Pretty good week for me as well. Blind buys of Save the Tiger, Elephant Walk, Dementia 13, and Godspell. 4K upgrades of Italian Job (‘03), Never Say Never Again, and Meaning of Life. And Masquerade (‘88) for my spouse who happens to be a fan.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It won't let me buy Bad Boys. It acts like I bought it, but it doesn’t show up as purchased. I wonder if I’ll still be charged twice for it.

Last edited:

Robert Saccone

Premium
Hi Robert!

Funny you mention The Prisoner of Second Avenue. I saw that when it first came out. I was kid and I happened to be living on 2nd avenue in Manhattan at the time. All great movies you mention. I also love a lot of his work with Matthau through the years. One thing I thought he was also very good in was The Murder of Mary Phagan miniseries.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1673933459064.png

iTunes has the 4K/Dolby Vision digital on sale for $9.99.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks ! ;) I bought it. :D That's a Steal for $20.00. ......Will it ever get restored and released in HD ? :confused:?
I doubt it. I don't think they'd believe it would pay for itself.

I bought it, too, even though I had already bought a couple of seasons already when the DVDs had gone bad. Still a better price savings to buy this package than to buy the individual four seasons I didn't already have separately.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
A lot of Sony/Columbia 4 , 5, and 6 film sets are $19.99 on itunes including an Alec Guiness set,
Frank Capra, Columbia Classics Vol 1 and several others.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A lot of Sony/Columbia 4 , 5, and 6 film sets are $19.99 on itunes including an Alec Guiness set,
Frank Capra, Columbia Classics Vol 1 and several others.
Picked up Columbia Classics Vol 1, since I only had Lawrence of Arabia in 4K streaming, along with:
  • Triangle of Sadness for $7.99; gotta catch up on my Oscar nominees.
  • Charlie Wilson's War for $4.99

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Seems like today is Harrison Ford Day on iTunes. Lots of his films on sale for $4.99 each. There is also a sale on ocean / sea themed films, as well.

I picked up Witness in 4K + Dolby Vision, U-571 in HD, and The Poseidon Adventure in HD. I had U-571 on DVD only, and did not own either of the other two. I think I had The Poseidon Adventure on DVD at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks