What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I realize now I got rid of my DVDs of Clear and Present Danger and Patriot Games, but never upgraded to HD, so this is the time I suppose! And I actually have never seen Witness in its entirety...

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Bride of Frankenstein 4k is $4.99 on Vudu right now for those like me who just want the films in 4k without a set full of redundant extras.

Now I just need the Mummy to hit $4.99 and I'll have the six films I want in 4k and will have only paid $30 total.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
And I actually have never seen Witness in its entirety...
I've always loved the movie, but the last time I watched it (in UHD/Dolby Vision) I never realized how brutal the murder scene is. I've become more sensitive as an adult. It made me appreciate the movie even more.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Seems like today is Harrison Ford Day on iTunes. Lots of his films on sale for $4.99 each. There is also a sale on ocean / sea themed films, as well.

I picked up Witness in 4K + Dolby Vision, U-571 in HD, and The Poseidon Adventure in HD. I had U-571 on DVD only, and did not own either of the other two. I think I had The Poseidon Adventure on DVD at one time.
When are they going to have a Humphrey Bogart Day for $4.99 ? :confused: Some Great titles that I want in my Digital collection are always $13.00 to $15.00 each. :(

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Eh. I broke down and got Witness and The Mosquito Coast.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow, lots of 4K titles on iTunes today, but most are overpriced at $6.99 and up. FYI, Fanflix is having a sale that includes a good number of these that are MA compatible, and they're $4.99 when you buy two or more:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TÁR finally had its first price drop. Was eyeing the 4k disc but waited for the digital to go on sale. It finally did for under $10 today.

Just finished watching it. Interesting film. Can't say I loved or hated it though Blanchett deserves the Oscar nomination.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
TÁR finally had its first price drop. Was eyeing the 4k disc but waited for the digital to go on sale. It finally did for under $10 today.

Just finished watching it. Interesting film. Can't say I loved or hated it though Blanchett deserves the Oscar nomination.
For those on the fence, it is currently streaming on Peacock (requires a paid subscription, though). I may check it out there this week.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks like we got some Shyamalan movie price drops. Ultimately though, the only one I feel like watching again is The Sixth Sense. Likely passing on the Village and Signs.

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's been awhile since I've seen it. It's on HBO so I'll watch that tonight and see if I enjoy it enough to buy the digital copy. I may try to do the same with the Village as I recall not being as annoyed by the reveal as some others at the time (e.g. Ebert).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's been awhile since I've seen it. It's on HBO so I'll watch that tonight and see if I enjoy it enough to buy the digital copy. I may try to do the same with the Village as I recall not being as annoyed by the reveal as some others at the time (e.g. Ebert).
I wasn't trying to change your mind. Like any piece of artwork, movies resonate differently with each of us.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh, I know, but I also recognize my own issue of having owned the title on DVD but then not having watched it since buying it. So I want to give it another chance because obviously I liked it enough at one time to buy the DVD. The question is if I like it well enough to buy it a second time in HD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I remember the dvd being awful and having banding issues.

Did really like Signs but haven’t watched it in a looong time and fear I might have a tough time with the part with his wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks