What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Never get any digitals from Prime, except if you have promo credits that need to be used or they're MoviesAnywhere-eligible 4K perhaps -- and even then, you better make sure it's actually the one/version linked to MA as 4K given how bad Amazon is... although getting a refund shouldn't be too problematic, if you spot an issue quickly enough.

For $7.99 and not 4K (for something that has some reasonable potential for eventual 4K), I'd say probably not worth getting... unless you're using promo credits that would soon expire perhaps.

_Man_
The title is 4K and is a Disney / movie anywhere eligible title.

Just hoping to find out if the new version is included along with the theatrical.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The title is 4K and is a Disney / movie anywhere eligible title.

Just hoping to find out if the new version is included along with the theatrical.

Movies Anywhere shows a running time of 1 hr 26 mins, which is the theatrical cut. There is no extended cut included in the special features, but the deleted song is included. Vudu is the same.

iTunes and Prime Video have only the theatrical cut with no special features.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This is their Christmas sale. The Tuesday before Christmas.
If you’re new to purchasing digital titles, there are tons of great bundles on sale.

But for me, I own most of the titles in those bundles and just not enough $4.99 titles on sale.

So nada, zip, zilch for me

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I didn't see much for me on the big iTunes sale, either. I did pick up Two For The Road for $4.99, though.

One bonus for me. As I was going through the sale items on Cheap Charts and comparing them with my DVD Profiler library, I noticed that my BD of Les Miserables came with an UltraViolet code that I never claimed. I tried the code, and it still worked!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
FanFlix also has the first season of House of the Dragon in UHD for $14.99 (at least according to the email I received).

I don't subscribe to HBOMax, so I may pick this up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I should not have looked at FanFlix....

Zack Snyder's Justice League
Wonder Woman 1984
Casablanca
The Suicide Squad
Matrix Resurrections
Godzilla vs. Kong
Gremlins
Nightmare on Elm Street
Freddy vs. Jason

Likely some more from iTunes later this week...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
FanFlix also has the first season of House of the Dragon in UHD for $14.99 (at least according to the email I received).

I don't subscribe to HBOMax, so I may pick this up.
They also have the complete series of GOT in UHD for $49.99.

EDIT: Looks Doug beat me to it, but at least I included the link! :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Fanflix is having a huge end-of-year sale. Most are Movies Anywhere. Some great deals here:

They sure try to sneak some in there at much higher prices though, LOL... but I guess that's bound to happen as they become more popular...

I didn't see much for me on the big iTunes sale, either. I did pick up Two For The Road for $4.99, though.

I'm kinda debating about that one too.

They also have Game of Thrones: The Complete Series 4K for $49.99.
They also have the complete series of GOT in UHD for $49.99.

EDIT: Looks Doug beat me to it, but at least I included the link! :)

Too bad that's only for Vudu... and Vudu's 4K bitrates seem rather paltry, especially compared to Apple/iTunes NVM 4K discs -- that's largely why I debated too long on a prior upgrade deal on Vudu and ended up not getting them upgraded.

I do generally prefer to get longer running TV series from Vudu, if the streaming quality is the essentially same as Apple/iTunes, but just not sure it's worthwhile enough to go 4K for these instead of just watching my BDs -- the HDR, which might be the only meaningful benefit over the BDs, likely won't make a real diff on my PJ setup.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I should not have looked at FanFlix....

Zack Snyder's Justice League
Wonder Woman 1984
Casablanca
The Suicide Squad
Matrix Resurrections
Godzilla vs. Kong
Gremlins
Nightmare on Elm Street
Freddy vs. Jason

Likely some more from iTunes later this week...
I picked up Freddy vs. Jason from that sale, too, along with Cry Macho and the LEGO Batman Movie. All for $4.99 each, and all are blind buys for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks