What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One last thing about the "Knight and Day" HD digital for $4.99 on iTunes. When I play it back on Vudu or MA, it's the theatrical cut of the movie at 1:49:23. However, when I play it back on iTunes, it's the extended version at 1:57:29. So it looks like iTunes has mixed up the digitals which they might correct, thus, I'm going to download this particular digital now so I can keep that extended version in my digital library.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Picked up Con Air over the weekend while away from home. I remember it being a fun, 90's action movie, so for $4.99, I said why not.

Looking at both Donnie Brasco and The Paper now...entirely likely I pull the trigger on both sometime today.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Me too. Love the movie.
I see Ben Hur is $7 and there are two listings for Ben Hur but I don’t see any difference other then the price.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
847811A1-3470-455C-B5ED-527FB8EF94CF.jpeg

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Interestingly, the newer one has a similar split. But there they have 2 different posters so you can more easily discern your action & adventure from your drama.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ben Hur would be a great investment. A 4k disc release is supposedly imminent so that will be an eventual 4k digital upgrade.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Right. That’s why I saved it. Along with Kane which dipped but only down to $10

Now which version of Hur?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

I wouldn't count on a 4K upgrade on Citizen Kane, since Warner licensed the 4K to Criterion which will not include a digital copy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Check out the pricing history for both Ben-Hur digitals using the actual CheapCharts internet site linked below. One has been discounted often while the other Ben-Hur has only been discounted just a few times since being added back in 2016. I bought that discounted digital for $4.99 back in the day and it's the digital that is packaged in that Award Winning Best Picture Collection with Gone with the Wind and Casablanca.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Check out the pricing history for both Ben-Hur digitals using the actual CheapCharts internet site linked below. One has been discounted often while the other Ben-Hur has only been discounted just a few times since being added back in 2016. I bought that discounted digital for $4.99 back in the day and it's the digital that is packaged in that Award Winning Best Picture Collection with Gone with the Wind and Casablanca.

Odd. The one you bought indicates G rating at 222min long w/ a modern production date and Warner as the studio. The other indicates unrated at 212min long w/ more proper production date and MGM as the studio.

Warner still owns this title, right?

Neither digital includes any extras though... but I guess most of us already have extras from a prior BD set -- I actually imported mine from the UK.

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Take if for what it's worth to you:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Take if for what it's worth to you:

I am so pissed at Vudu right now that I would not give them a dime.

Interestingly, Vudu seems to have removed their "Deals" pages and links from their website....

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The Ip Man 4-pack bundle (all in 4K/HDR/Atmos) is finally down to $20 on iTunes, and the individual titles are also $5 each -- first time for the newest addition to this series.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks