What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
31E07610-CB1B-4537-9FFB-FE2741BD824F.jpeg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yep, it's Dolby Vision now. Should have known it was too much to ask that they do it all in one shot. Eventually I'm sure that they will update all four of the titles with Atmos in the Columbia Classics Set that are supposed to have it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yep, it's Dolby Vision now. Should have known it was too much to ask that they do it all in one shot. Eventually I'm sure that they will update all four of the titles with Atmos in the Columbia Classics Set that are supposed to have it.
It might take a while.:)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great news about Airplane now in 4k. I tell you, digital continues to win me over when we get little perks like these.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Twilight zone complete series $45

same transfers as the blu ray sets?

tons of extras on the disc sets but probably nothing on the digital set?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
thanks for the heads up on price and about the extras. I’ll continue to wait.

@Osato, if you haven't used CheapCharts before, might wanna check it out. They provide a history of price changes for each title. I find that quite helpful (on top of the sales updates and tracking wish list).

They also mention/indicate MA eligibility and included extras, but might not be very detailed or comprehensive in listing the latter.

_Man_

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Interesting, apparently iTunes at some point has put Inception up and disregarded the previous version that was not HD.

So I now have two versions in my iTunes library.
An HD version and a 4K version.
Bought the 4K today for $5

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yep, I picked it up at that price last year. The current $45 price is too high, if you can be patient.

Yeah, that'd be a lot to spend on the digital version, especially w/ no extras.

I paid about that much for the disc set a couple holiday shopping seasons ago... and it's probably sold for even less at some point since then (maybe last Black Friday)...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
What do you think of Amazon Prime?, I think you have very good movies
Not a big fan when it comes to buying movies on Prime Video. They only carry 4k titles from Disney, Sony, Paramount, and Lionsgate, yet none of them are offered with Dolby Atmos audio. Their video encodes are not as good as Vudu or iTunes (they're not as sharp and often show compression artifacts). Their prices also are much higher and they run fewer sales than Vudu or iTunes. Special features, if there are any, are not as easily accessible, often included at the end of the movie as one long 4-7 hour stream sometimes. And don't get me started on how Movies Anywhere is integrated on Prime, because that is completely botched more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks