Differences between JVC "D" series and regular line?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles Guajardo, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Charles Guajardo

Charles Guajardo Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking at the JVC AV-32D302 based on everyone's recommendation here at HTF. However, looking at JVC's website, I noticed there were hardly any differences between the "D" model and JVC's 32" from their regular line, the 32230.
    Has anyone been able to verify the differences between the two? I noticed the D line has better onboard audio and an upgraded remote, both non-issues for me.
    Are the CRT tubes identical, or at least so similar that the pictures are identical?
    -chuck
    [Edited last by Charles Guajardo on August 04, 2001 at 08:07 PM]

2. OliverG

OliverG Extra

3. Carol Curtis

Carol Curtis Stunt Coordinator

The big difference I see is the "D" series model with P-I-P it has 800 lines of Horizontal Resolution & a 5 watt audio amp. You might also want to check out the entry level model to see if it has Bass, Trebble & Balance controls this is something a lot of companies have been taking off the lower priced models. If your really interested in the JVC I would call them at 1-800-252-5722 & ask them for a tv catalog. Most companies catalogs are a lot more detailed in their specs. than most of their websites. Example: I have the new JVC audio catalog & in it, it has the two new THX receivers from JVC with all the specs. It's not out yet & it's not even mentioned on their website.