What's new

Difference between Onkyo and Integra? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Jeff,
Your response to Matty is a little frustrating for me...but just a little. He is suggesting the same thing that I suggested and you ignored in my original post. All I ever asked was if someone had done a double blind test of each receiver. I really wish people would start reading my responses :)
Matty,
It's good to see that we can agree on at least one topic...probably a lot more. Sorry if I flamed you a little hard in my last post (Bose). I really don't like capitalization...It's similar to being yelled at. No hard feelings?
Thanks,
Jeff

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Yeah, I apologize too. I didn't think it was anyone's intention to be the "know it all" but some people are that way so I get defensive sometimes. No harm meant.

But I do want to reiterate(sp?) what I said earlier. I don't necessarily think that different parts make the sound scientifically better (maybe it does maybe it doesn't). What I do think is that perhaps different parts make the sound different and that difference may be more to the liking of the user. Not many would argue that Yamaha receivers sound different than Denon receivers. Different parts, different sound.

Anyhow, everyone have a happy day!

Dan Hine

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I'm perfectly satisfied w/ single blind as long as the dealer isn't doing the switching and I'm the one who is blind. I take friends and let them switch the equipment. The dealers always hate this. This is good enough. My friends don't give a rat's a$$, they just want to listen to some good equipment.

Jeff Weight

Stunt Coordinator
Jeffrey_Jones,

Sorry if I'm frustrating. I understand what you are saying, and agree that double blind is the only way to decided whats best.

Like I said earlier, double blind isn't always available to us. So we have to make the best of the info, knowledge, and memory we have.

I still believe that the Integra is a sonically better product. If you don't, I understand. I'm just grateful that it cost me less than the comparable Onkyo, and from a authorized dealer.

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
As far as sonic differences I'm not getting into that argument. I chose the Integra over the Onkyo for build quality and features. A blind test will never work unless you are doing it for yourself. What one person hears or sees a hundred others will hear or see something different. It's a dead pointless argument.

I have a DTR-7. The Onkyo counterpart at the time was the 777. The 777 had the ground loop humming problem. This problem was not found in the Integra line. In addition the DTR-7 had additional features I wanted which were not avaliable on the 777.

I was not "gullible," feeding my "snob"bish "ego" or falling for "marketing hype" by purchasing the Integra, it has things the regular Onkyo line doesn't. To top all that off I only paid $825, brand new, for it from an authorized dealer! What was the 777 running for then, $700-800?

Unless you performed a double blind comparison in the same store at the same time (something that I believe is impossible, as no retailer carries and displays both Onkyo and Integra)
At the time I purchased my Integra (99?) I knew of two retailers in TX & LA that sold both lines. I am sure there are others but I didn't look around past these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks