Onkyo & Integra

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephan Leuenberger, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Stephan Leuenberger

Stephan Leuenberger Auditioning

what is the difference between these two brands? Is it not both Onkyo? I'm thinking of getting the Onkyo TX-DS989 is this the same like the Integra DTR-9.1 ? Is there a price or support difference?
    ------------------

2. Jon Shea

Jon Shea Auditioning

Same company, different lines. Picture Pioneer and Pioneer Elite. Ford and Lincoln. Each has its benefits (lower price (Onkyo) vs. higher quality parts (Integra))
    --jon

3. Stephan Leuenberger

and dose it really sound different? I ask because I think of getting the Onkyo 989 and it is not a cheap one so would it be worth to get a Integra 9.1 instead?
    is there a big sound quality or power difference?
    ------------------

4. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

Like crossing from the best Pioneer, but not Elite. You may get the same basic electronics, but not the copper clad chassis, plus a myriad of other features with more convenience than peformance, and of course the nameplate.
    With the Elite (or Integra) there are also subtle circuit changes, but most descriptions of these are more interesting than any benefit that will be noticed.
    On a more qualitative basis, the Integra might use high-end glass epoxy boards instead of standard PC circuit boards, for example. More gold-plated connectors, extra shielding. It's hard to say what really makes a difference.
    Sometimes it's nice knowing you 'have those things'.

5. Stephan Leuenberger

OK I think I stay with Onkyo 989 and spend a bit more money on good speakers. hope to have time tomorrow to check a dealer out. Thanks for you help guys [​IMG]
    ------------------