What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Die Hard Collection (2017) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't see any indication that the R cut of Live Free or Die Hard will be on blu ray.

The cover artwork clearly states "Includes both the theatrical and unrated version of Live Free Or Die Hard and A Good Day To Die Hard"

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Josh for my not being more specific.

I should have said it wasn't clear what format the R version of LFoDH is in. Will it be high def or on a DVD. It does say 5 discs so maybe the R cut of LFoDH is in HD. Or uprezzed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sorry Josh for my not being more specific.

I should have said it wasn't clear what format the R version of LFoDH is in. Will it be high def or on a DVD. It does say 5 discs so maybe the R cut of LFoDH is in HD. Or uprezzed.

I imagine it will be in HD - an HD version has been available for digital purchase for sometime, as well as overseas.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any idea how this compares to the previous Die Hard box set which has all but the last Die Hard and includes a documentary? I bought that on sale Thanksgiving weekend, not noticing that it was short the newest Die Hard.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That set includes the four movies and a bonus disc, right? I believe this set drops the bonus disc and includes the same A Good Day To Die Hard disc that's available on its own - so if you've got the previous set and think you might want to watch A Good Day To Die Hard (and it would be understandable if you didn't), it's probably best just to buy that one on its own. I've seen it dropped to $4.99 on Amazon more than once, so it's not terribly pricey.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Would have jumped on this in seconds -- nearly did -- that is, until I read the customer reviews.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Would have jumped on this in seconds -- nearly did -- that is, until I read the customer reviews.
I didn't read them until now, but the valid complaint is that the unrated version of Live Free or Die Hard isn't in this box set as advertised on the box.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Turnoff for me. Fox shouldn't have advertised otherwise on this set. They may be forced to do a recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks