What's new

Die Hard Collection (2017) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
171906_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let's hope that the reason why Fox is releasing this for the umpteenth time is to give us the longer "R" rated cut of one of the sequels that has been sorely missing from releases prior to this one.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope that the reason why Fox is releasing this for the umpteenth time is to give us the longer "R" rated cut of one of the sequels that has been sorely missing from releases prior to this one.

The R rated cut of LFoDH was released on Blu but I think you had to buy the Nakatomi building set to get it. Guessing this is just a repackaging of that set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The R rated cut of LFoDH was released on Blu but I think you had to buy the Nakatomi building set to get it. Guessing this is just a repackaging of that set.

If that's the case, I will buy this. I don't have all the Die Hard films on Blu.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
It was also on the Steelbook release of LFoDH but not on the original BD box set. The Nakatomi building set (which this set is just a re-release of without the packaging) contained the R rated cut. To me it was never a big deal. The theatrical release was the PG-13 version, not much difference except more F-bombs IMO.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Ron, I wouldn't make that assumption about the R rated cut of LFoDH.
Aside for the fact that it is clearly printed on the front cover of this set that both LFoDH and AGDtDH includes both cuts each.

Personally, I'm going to sit this one out as I can't bother repurchasing the same movies all over again just to get that particular cut.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Aside for the fact that it is clearly printed on the front cover of this set that both LFoDH and AGDtDH includes both cuts each.

Personally, I'm going to sit this one out as I can't bother repurchasing the same movies all over again just to get that particular cut.

That is a great catch. I didn't notice it myself when I uploaded the information. Thank You.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I thought Fox had re-mastered Die Hard (I'm sure I read something about it here a few years ago, inviting people to a showing), so why do they keep trotting out that age old transfer (what's the next one...wrapped in a dirty vest?).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I thought Fox had re-mastered Die Hard (I'm sure I read something about it here a few years ago, inviting people to a showing), so why do they keep trotting out that age old transfer (what's the next one...wrapped in a dirty vest?).

Hee-Hee.

I think we'll see that transfer in their 4k release. You know it's coming. Meanwhile, they will keep milking the Blu-ray market on these releases. It's okay. This is one I will finally bite on. However, I think it's dried out for everyone else.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I've got the older blu ray release and just bought A Good Day to Die Hard separately. LFoDH was the worst film in the series in my opinion so I'm definitely not double dipping just to get a few more F-Bombs. :)

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
I've got the older blu ray release and just bought A Good Day to Die Hard separately. LFoDH was the worst film in the series in my opinion so I'm definitely not double dipping just to get a few more F-Bombs. :)
I'd say, for me, A Good Day to Die Hard is the worst of the bunch (so far). The whole film comes of as just another random action film to me and aside for the Bruce Willis' character's name being John McClane there are very few glimpses of the McClane I've growned accustomed to coming through. Live Free or Die Hard actually delivers in that respect (F-bombs or not).

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I'd put Live Free/4.0 above 2 to be honest. At least the former tried to do something new with John.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is there any definitive word that the early movies aren't getting new transfers? I expect them to be the same discs yet again but a new Live Free disc gives me a little hope for the others.

When the Nakatomi Plaza set came out last year, Chad Finn from Fox confirmed that they were not new transfers, and that there was no plan for new transfers to be released. The branching version of Live Free was available in that set, and I believe also overseas, so it doesn't appear to be new. I'm assuming these are the same discs from that set - I think they'd be shouting from the rooftops if they were new masters. But I don't think anyone from Fox has specifically said that these upcoming discs are repacks of existing discs.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
For me, the first Diehard is the best of the bunch, followed closely by Diehard 2....the rest can get tossed into the trash IMO. Not nearly as entertaining or enjoyable to watch as the first 2..

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
When the Nakatomi Plaza set came out last year, Chad Finn from Fox confirmed that they were not new transfers, and that there was no plan for new transfers to be released. The branching version of Live Free was available in that set, and I believe also overseas, so it doesn't appear to be new. I'm assuming these are the same discs from that set - I think they'd be shouting from the rooftops if they were new masters. But I don't think anyone from Fox has specifically said that these upcoming discs are repacks of existing discs.

That's my thought too. No studio does a re-release with a new remaster without shouting it from the rooftops.

This is definitely repackaged at a lower price point than the Nakatomi set.

As I stated, if Fox was going to remaster Die Hard, it would be going straight to 4k. I assume that's their plan. It's one of their Holy Grail titles.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't see any indication that the R cut of Live Free or Die Hard will be on blu ray. I took a look at Amazon and the previous versions of the released LFoDH disc on blu ray included the R cut on DVD. Hope that's been rectified with the R cut on blu ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks