What's new

Did not wash dishes in a month... (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Here in Philly we have something called Payper Playts. I use them religiously.

And I also like Elvis Costello's music. (Except that played-out Veronica ditty.)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Same for me as Joseph. I'm living with my brother while we go to school. He is a slob. Just doesn't bother him to take supper into his room, eat half of it, and leave it there until I find it the next day. If I leave it a day or two I can half fill the dish washer with what I get out of his room.

What sucked the most was having a summer job back where my parents live that left my brother at our place for 4 months by himself. It took over 10 hours to clean when I got back. I wish I had a sister so it wouldn't be a problem :p)

I don't find washing dishes a zen like experience (a reason why dishwashers are a god send, I wish everything could be put in the dishwasher), I hate it, but I hate a dirty place even more. I don't know how you put up with your roommates Joseph, if he wasn't my brother I would have kicked him out a long time ago.

I find your story amazing Jin. How can you stand it? Can you even imagine what would be found on those dishes if you took them to a lab and had them analysed. Besides the fact it would be disgusting, it can't be healthy to live in an environment where you are breathing in all that crap (sense if you can smell it, it's floating in the air).

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, the memories.....

Back when a friend and I were roommates it wasn't so much about dishes, but clothes. The general rule was that as long as you had clean socks and underwear, you didn't have to do laundry. A month's worth of socks and underwear were mandatory. As long as the rest didn't smell, you were good to go.

Don't ask me to go into the problem we had with my roommate's rotten, moldy lettuce he left in the fridge for several months, which, when we actualy got around to removing it turned out to be some hamburger I'd forgotten about....

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel that using a dishwasher just smacks of laziness.

And waiting until all the dishes are dirty before washing them doesn't?

But I can't talk, when I lived alone my place always became the biggest stye you can imagine. Dishes not done until it was absolutely nessecary (like someone was coming over) stuff left all over the place, cloths not put away. I'm a little better now that I'm living with someone (we always have clean dishes at least), but I've got my bedroom to keep messy.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
when I lived alone my place always became the biggest stye you can imagine. Dishes not done until it was absolutely nessecary (like someone was coming over) stuff left all over the place, cloths not put away. I'm a little better now that I'm living with someone (we always have clean dishes at least), but I've got my bedroom to keep messy.
same deal. really.. WHY.. I never get visitors, I'm the only one here 99.9999% of the time, and if someone IS coming over I clean up.
just like requiem for a dream, I live alone, why bother :)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I live with FIVE guy roommates, so you can imagine how fucked up our place is all the time. I don't think we even bother with paper plates anymore unless we absolutely have to. Napkins taken from the dining hall suffice as makeshift plates...they don't take up as much space in the trashcans, which means we don't have to take out the trash as often.
Each of us has ONE glass cup apiece which we use whenever we drink. Like the Dude, I prefer White Russians, and I just find it works much better when its drunk out of a glass cup. So far our system has worked fairly well. With only one cup to clean, we don't have to worry about any dirty dishes piling up. Now we just have to come with some way to coexist with the legions upon legions of rats breeding in our heating vents.
Ahh, isn't college life grand :)

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I cooked a six course Xmas dinner and was so glad that I invited my next door neighbor, after the meal was finished we carried all the dirty dishes next door and loaded her dishwasher, I think this was my favorite Xmas gift.

kd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks