What's new

Did Chris Farley record any dialogue for Shrek? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
As alot of you probably know, he was supposed to do Shrek's voice. Since he died he wasn't able to do it. I was just wonder if anyone knows if he recorded any dialogue. If he did, I think they should of added this as part of the Shrek DVD set, if they already didn't. If they did, how do I access it?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I remember my mom reading in Entertainment Weekly that he had just about finished the whole movie before he died, so yeah, I'd say he recorded some dialogue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know the production time for Shrek was long but I don't believe it was long enough for Chris Farley to contribute his voice to the eventual film that was released. He died in December, 1997 while the film was released in April, 2001. It's possible but I doubt it!

Crawdaddy

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to hear it too. Mike Myers was okay (although I liked the film itself a lot). I just kept waiting for Shrek to say "If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!" :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing the Farley recordings were omitted by a sense of good taste, but I for one would love to hear them!

mark_d

Second Unit
This enlightens me. I never knew Myers wasn't the first choice. While I like most of his work, I thought Myers as the voice of Shrek was a poor casting decision.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks