What's new

Diana Krall's new album - is it out yet? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was flipping through Entertainment Weekly and saw a Sam Goody's ad which featured the new Diana Krall album (EW also reviewed, giving it a grade of A- and said that she's gotten more invigorated and less "controlled" after touring with some old time performers the past year or so.
So has the new album hit the store shelves yet?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Tuesday, 9/18.
-mwb-
------------------
Obi-Wan (to Anakin):
Why do I think you're going to be the death of me?
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
May 22, 2002

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I've seen it in a few stores already. Mostly smaller independent record stores though.
I don't know if there was a different release date for Canada or not though.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy will be selling the CD for $11.99. If you go to Borders today, you might be able to pick up the free promotional CD. It contains one full song that will not be in new CD, a minute or two of 2 songs that will appear on the CD and a several minute interview with Diana Krall.
I got this at Borders a week or so ago. Supposedly, you were to receive this if you pre-ordered the CD. The clerk I spoke to didn't know the price for the pre-order, so she just gave me the promo CD for free.

ed_josef

Auditioning
I picked up the promotional CD from Borders which has 1 complete song (I think the title is "I Should Care") which is not on the new CD, a couple of song samples ("The Look of Love", "Cry Me A River") plus a short interview.
If there's a Target in your area you might want to pick it up there because it contains 2 additional songs ("The Man With The Bag", "Charmed Life") which supposedly is a Target exclusive.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I picked this up (finally!) and have spun it once, and am pretty happy with the album. Diana sounds as good as ever, and the material is a little more upbeat (not as dour). If you're a Diana Krall fan, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I will have to check out Target...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty disappointed that the album doesn't contain "But Not For Me", which appeared on a Verve sampler & was advertised as part of the new album. I checked out the cuts over at CDNow.com and didn't really care for the smooth latin jazz feel of the latest offering. The sampler disc was great, though. :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
As a sidenote: Is there any good source (in general) for finding out which CD's are released with extra tracks at different stores? I ab-so-f***ing-lutley hate this practice - you have to research a CD before you can buy it! It'd be like getting a DVD with a commentary at Best Buy, a featurette at Target, etc... [/rantoff]
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am glad I read this thread before going out to lunch. I picked up the CD at Target. The price was even $.11 cheaper than Best Buy. Target didn't do a very good job of advertising this CD, did they?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Could be a bad pressing (which seems odd, but it does happen). Most B&Ms will take back a CD in exchange for a replacement copy of the same. I would try that before saying it is the mastering.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
On the Target version, a little sticker on the front tells you that there's 2 bonus songs (pretty short songs, probably extra 4-5 minutes of songs). The UPC is different on the normally-aspirated version (31454 98462) vs. the Target version (31458 91822).
I also went by Borders and asked if they were charging for the CD sampler, and the cashier asked a more senior cashier, and they were nice enough to give it to me at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks