What's new

dh labs cable owners...question (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
how thick is the dh labs bl-1 ii series interconnect? this is the blue-jacketed silver coated copper conductor cable. from the pics it looks to be about 5mm or 6mm. the reason i ask is i am looking to custom build some cables and need to now the diameter so that i purchase the correct size rca connectors...i don't want one that is too big nor one that is too small. thanks for the insight guys.

kevin t

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
you're going to be buying their wire in bulk and then terminating them...yes?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I didn't run across any information on the web that gave the particulars, but seeing as you're going to have the cable in your hands, why not just measure the diameter with a caliper?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
because i don't have the cable right now and would like the help of someone who actually owns the cable. therefore, i can order everything at once rather than ordering the cable...waiting for it to arrive...ordering the rca's...waiting for them to arrive. that way, it will cut a whole weeks worth of waiting out of the process.

kevin t

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I found a guy on ebay and emailed him your question. He states the outer diameter of the conductor is "right around 3/16". Personally it sounds like a guesstimate. If these dimensions are critical it would be my suggestion to do the measurements yourself. The old measure twice, cut once adage. Now don't go making any claims for the cable, cuz you know i'll ask for some proof now!

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Actually, this one guy I was talking w/ wouldn't leave the store until I promised to try out some DH LAbs cables, especially the power cords. Now when is someone just going to toss them in my lap.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Its tough talking to people when they've seen the light or just quit smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks