What's new

Denon 2802 input question (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Ok, I have my Panny STB connected to the 2802 via a digital optical cable to the optical 1 input which I assigned to TV/DBS. So far so good, works fine. Now I also have analog cable going directly to the 57hx81. Also no problem. The thing is, that I want to be able to have sound going through the receiver when I'm watching cable. I ran L/R RCA cables from the TV to the L/R RCA input labled TV/DBS. Problem. I don't get any sound. I think it's because the optical 1 input is assigned to TV/DBS but I didn't think that would affect the analog input. Any suggestions.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
This is just a guess, but how about running your analog connection from the STB to the receiver, and leave any audio connections to the TV out of the loop.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
The reason that I want to run the RCA cables from the TV to the receiver is so that when I watch my cable channels (which is connected directly to the TV - no cable box) I can hear them through my speakers and not the TV's speakers.

I think the problem is that for each source, I have to choose which input on the receiver to use (RCA or digital).

Since I already have the STB connected to the receiver's TV/DBS digital input, I can't use the TV/DBS RCA input for the TV. Since, I don't have anything connected to the VCR2 input I'm going to try and connect the TV's RCA cables there. I'll give in a shot tonight when I get home from work.

Eric H

Auditioning
I just purchased the 2802 and have hooked it up the same as you have and it works fine. If I turn the TV on the sound from the TV comes out and if I then turn my dish on the sound from my dish comes out because the digital input overrides the analog, make sure the receiver is set to auto detect the input source. Also on my TV which is a mits 55" widescreen there is a setting in the menu to turn the analog outputs on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks