ATTN: Denon Owners RE: removing faceplates

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David_Stein, Jul 5, 2003.

1. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

Hi everyone,
    i recently bought a 2802 off of a forum member and there seems to have been some damage during shipping. it would appear that the input mode button on the front got pushed all the way inside the front faceplate. everything else seems to be working correctly and it doesnt look like anything is actually broken and that the button is intact inside the flaceplate.

i dont think it was ed's fault in packing and i dont think its anything big, so i would rather not have to deal with sending it back or sending it in for repairs if i can help it.

so my question is: does the faceplate of a denon 2802 (i assume it must be similar to other recievers) come off easily and how is it done?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I would contact Denon directly about this. It has been years since I removed a faceplate, and that was on a vintage Marantz stereo preamplifier. With the Denon, I think you will have to remove the chassis' cover and try to work from there. Is this button flush with the faceplate? Or does it appear to be jammed in some way and positioned crookedly?

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

well, since some actually posted ill give an update.

i got a little impatient, so i just went ahead and took a screw driver to it. it ended up being like 18 screws (10 to be able to push the top cover back and expose the top of the face plate, and 4 each on the top and bottom on the face plate). it really was pretty easy.

as for the button: underneath the metal face plate is a plastic one, which all the buttons on the faceplate are attached to. unfortunately, my button had been busted off. it definitely wasnt worth trying to get professional fixed or to pay for another fairly large plastic piece, so i just got some fingernail glue from my mother (its similar to super glue) and glued it back on. works perfectly with the face plate back on and as far as i am concerned is unnoticable.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well then, congrats! And the receiver works fine?

(A little glue works wonders, especially with buttons that come loose off remotes. As for quick responses to queries, traffic has been pretty low here on this holiday weekend. Things should be back to normal tomorrow.)

5. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

as far as i can tell everything is working properly, though at the time i was only able to set it up with stereo speakers and run a cd player through it, but there doesnt seem to be any problems. a more thorough testing is forthcoming as i can set it up properly when i have a free evening.