What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 1804 vs Onkyo TX-SR601 (1 Viewer)

Chad_B

Grip
Well, I still haven't made my HT rec. purchase. For my budget, I really like the look of these two (Denon 1804 vs Onkyo TX-SR601). Any Onkyo/Denon enthusiasts that can sway me either way?

Denon 1804 or Onkyo TX-SR601???? Help please.

My speakers are Infinity ALpha 20's and Paradigm PS1200 sub.

Any help or thoughts would be helpful....thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ken.L

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Denon 1803, precursor to the 1804, which is almost identical to the 1804. If your room is not huge, the 1804 will perform beautifully for you. I have cranked my 1803 up as loud as my ears can stand and could not detect any distortion whatsoever. Music, speech, special effects all sounded very precise. You will not be disappointed with the Denon.
You can read a review of the 1804 in the Feb. issue of Home Cinema Choice, just add a dot com to the name of the mag.
They rated it a best buy. If you can't listen to both of your choices, then this mag. article may be the next best thing in helping you with your decision.
Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks