Denon 1600; interlaced performance

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brian_Pete, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

I currently have a 36" Sony Wega (non-HD) and a Sony 715P DVD player. If I were to buy a Denon 1600 would I notice and upgrade in picture quality on my non-HD TV. I've read all the posts praising the progressive quality, but can't find much info about the interlaced performance.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I'd hold onto the 715, Brian. On your particular WEGA there wouldn't be any noticeable difference in picture quality. Besides, the 715 is fine machine.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I went from a Sony 7700 to the Denon 1600 and I noticed a difference between the two players with the Denon having a slightly image compared to the Sony. Its not night and day tough IMO.

4. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I am trying to decide between the Yamaha C920 and the Denon 1600. Anybody have opinions one way or another. The Yamaha is $100 cheaper. They both have DCDi by Faroudja Processing which is something I'm looking for (which is hard to find these days in the lower end DVD players). From what I've read the video quality should be high on both of them, but what about the audio?

5. Jim Golden

Jim Golden Stunt Coordinator

I just bought the C920. I bought it at a local BM store for $349.00.

I like the player except for the fact that you can't change the brightness, contrast, sharpness, or color controls (on the player) if your using the player in progressive scan mode.

Jim