What's new

Tsohiba SD4700, JVC XV75GD, or Sony DVP-NC650V with good tube TV (1 Viewer)

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
I'm in the market for a new DVD Player... and ready to adopt either the SACD or DVD-A formats. I currently have a Sharp DV740U, which is going to my sisters house as a gift. Intended use is 60% HT/40% Music.
My Components are...
32" Sharp Tube style TV (non HDTV) w/ component inputs.
Yammie RXV-1200 Rcvr.
Mirage OM-10's front speakers
Mirage OMC2 center
Here is what I set as a standard for this new DVD Player:
1. It can be progressive scan as I might upgrade in the next year or two to HDTV.
2. Cost less than $500
3. Great interlaced performance.
4. Additional Formats such as SACD and DVD-A are pluses.
5. Can be single disk or mulit format.
Available locally are:
Toshiba SD4700 $218 (nice spec's):)
Sony DVP-NC650V $249 (It's a Sony):)
JVC XV75GD $179 (open box):)
Panasonic RP56?? $299
I have looked at the Pannie RP91 and the Denon 1600 but, they are outside my price range.
Which one is best in your opinion's?

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Richard,

I own the 70BK and am very happy. Some people find the picture too soft in the 70/75 but I think this is very set dependent. The picture adjustments are very thorough and include Gamma which I find essential. I bought the 4700 originally and found it to have issues like excessive lock-ups, the Chroma Bug, the lack of true reverse still/step...also the remote has some design choices I did not like. Video/Audio performance otherwise was excellent for the money however and the 4700 zoom is the most useful of the lot. The Panny is a big favorite around here but does not feature match the 4700 or 70/75. I have yet to see or hear anything from the Sony...Sorry.

My $.02

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Ive been very happy with my 4700, no problems at all. Great interlaced picture and DVD audio is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks