What's new

Degauss TV? (1 Viewer)

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like I got my Paradigm 40's too close to my direct view Sony, and now there is a green tint in the upper left corner of the screen. Is it possible to de-gauss the TV or did I ruin my television?

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Never mind. I power cycled my television and the automatic degauss circuitry took care of the problem. I learned my lesson.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The TV has a built-in degausser that works every time you turn on the TV. This might do the job: Turn on your TV, lat it run for about 30 seconds, then turn it off. Wait one minute and repeat.
If you do this three or four times and the spot doesn't go away, you'll have to have the TV professionally degaussed. This won't cost much and can be done while you wait in most cases.

Colin A

Auditioning
I have the same problem with a LOEWE Tv. I have a small amount of shadowing in the top left corner. Degauzing does not clear it and neither did an external degauzing coil.
My M&K speakers are supposed to be shielded and do not show the symptoms on my TV that unshielded speakers would. But this magnetism must have come from somewhere and the centre speaker must be the culprit.
I have been advised that the shadow mask must now be damaged and that it is unrepairable. The shadowing is only about 1"X1/2" and only really affects white, and although it appears to be getting no worse, is still annoying.
Perhaps the Shadow mask is you problem too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks