What's new

Discoloring in TV? (1 Viewer)

MatthewMc

Auditioning
Ok, I have a Widescreen Tube TV. There is Light Brown/Yellow marks in the picture. It makes whites in the picture Light brown/yellow. It is not in the whole picture just in the Center,left hand corner, and right hand lower corner.I have Degaussed it I know 100 times thinking that it is Magnet spots. But it still isn't gone. I don't if it is Burn in or if I am just not doing the Degaussing Coil right. With the Degaussing Coil I did it both with the TV on and off. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it?

Thanks for any Help!!!

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
Just putting a story here.

I recently ordered an original speaker replacement from Harmon Audio for a JBL 2600 , 6 1/2" woofer. I wanted to put it up somewhere out of the way where it would be safe until I had a chance to install it. I put it on the bedroom entertainment center, about a foot above the TV.

Well the TV wasn't on at the time, and later when it was turned on there was a horrible color problem. The whole upper portion was green, the bottom was violet, and the middle was OK. I had forgotten all about the speaker, and so at first we thought the TV had just kicked the bucket or something. My 13 year old son walked in the room and immediately said "you have a large magnet on top of the TV"!
I felt like a you know what.

Darren_C

Agent
Purity and brightness uniformity issues are inherent to all direct view CRTs. The bigger the screen, the wider the screen and the shorter the depth, the more apparent the problems will be. Larger CRTs will also be more susceptible to magnetic issues such as nearby magnetic sources, rotation, movement, etc.

If degaussing doesn't fix it, you're probably stuck with it unless you can get the company to agree to send a technician to try purity adjustments (if any). They'll probably just tell you it is within specifications...

An ISF calibration might make the problem seem less apparent, but it isn't likely to fix it altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks