What's new

Speedbumps on a Sony 955 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I recently got a Sony 30xs955 and I notice what I believe are called speedbumps about six inches in from both the left and right sides. They show up as noticeable vertical lines when a bright image is being shown (ie, Olympic skiing), and I see the image warp where those lines exist when the camera pans. I'm wondering if these can be eliminated, and what it would involve. Is it an issue with geometry that can be fixed in the service menu, or is it something that would have to be corrected internally? Would an external degaussing coil be the answer?

It's a nice TV other than that, but it drives me crazy. If it can be fixed--even if it requires calling someone out--that'll be great. I would like to know what the probable solution will be even if I can't do it myself.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Any ideas, before my topic falls off the board? :) I won't hold anyone accountable for the information they give and how I might use it. I just want an idea about how fixable this problem is before I box the set up and take it back. If I need to explain my symptoms a little better, I can try to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks