What's new

DefTech or Energy Surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Max Kanter

Auditioning
Hoping for some help on selecting surrounds. My room is 12x22' with an opening to the left to the hallway and stairs. It's cement slab underneath old linoleum. I plan on redoing the floor with cork.
Here's my current list of equipment:
Pair of Energy 5.1e's (front left & right channels)
55" Toshiba Rear Projection TV
Outlaw Audio 950/770 prepro/amp combo
SVS 16-46PC+ Sub :D
The 950 allows for 7.1 surround so I still need to get a center channel and a pair of left and right surrounds and left and right rear surrounds. I'm seriously considering Definitive Technology for the 4 surround speakers and really struggling with the center channel decision.
I'm considering:
Center Channel of Energy Veritas 2.0C or the DefTech CLR2002.
Surounds/Rears of Energy Veritas V2.0R Rear Surrounds or DefTech BPVX or BPX
Any thoughts... your help is greatly appreciated!

Peter_James

Stunt Coordinator
If your fronts are already energy.....you need to get an Energy Center to match. I don't believe it will sound right with a def tech. center. The surrounds are different, they don't need to be matched as close. Plus I like Def Tech. surrounds because they are Bi-Pols.

My opinion is...if you have Energy...and are going to keep 'em...buy the Energy matches. (Go to the Energy web site and see what center they recommend for your mains.)

P.J.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Max:

I would also go with the Energy 2.0 C and R since you already have the mains. I have these and the 2.4's which sounds great in my system.

I will upgrading my upstairs setup soon with the 2.2 and a 2.0C for fronts.

Max Kanter

Auditioning
I spoke to an Energy sales guy today and he recomended the Connoisseur series C-C1 and the C-R3 over the Veritas V2.0C and V2.0R. I was surprised :confused: because the V's are much more expensive, he blamed it on the materials mostly.
Thoughts?

Peter_James

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that 5.1e's are better matched for the lower line. It's not about how good the center is...but what will match with you fronts best.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
My dealer also tried to talk me into the same but I got the Veritas instead.
The Connoisseur series do sound good. He called them the poor man's Veritas:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks