Def Tech BP10 or BP30?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Kelly

Kelly Extra

About to buy Def Tech speakers and was informed by Def Tech via email that they recommended buying the BP10 over the BP2006 or BP2004 since I already have a dedicated sub (SVS). They said that the 6.5" drivers in the BP10 will be much inproved over the others mentioned which have 4.5" and 5.25" drivers. The BP30 offers 4 6.5" drivers (BP10 only 2). Is the BP30 worth the extra $400/pair for these additional drivers? Asking for help because I cannot even audition these speakers because no one carries the BP series anymore since the power towers have become such a hot seller. They are still available, however. Just added onto my home and working with a budget. Room is 20x20 (I know, not ideal) and will include CLR2000 and BP2x. What do you think?

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

The BP-30 will give you a little more bass,that's it.
    You have to decide if thta's worth $400 or not.
    To bad you can't audtion it.
    I have a pair of BP10 myself.

3. Paul Seyfarth

Paul Seyfarth Stunt Coordinator

The BP10 with a good amp should give you more than enough bass considering you have a SVS sub. I have never heard the BP30, but if all it was adding was bass, I wouldn't get it over the BP10.

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

5. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

I agree with Camp, I used to own some BP 30's (now I have Linn) and they were delightful and put out a decent amount of clean bass in the 35-60 HZ region. I would get the 30's too because of the midrange quality I've witnessed plus they are often regarded as a outstanding HT speaker too. For music you could prob. get away with running them large and no sub possibly but your SVS will indeed fill in better down low. May have to look into your crossover choices. Good luck with either!