What's new

Def Tech BP10 or BP30? (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Grip
About to buy Def Tech speakers and was informed by Def Tech via email that they recommended buying the BP10 over the BP2006 or BP2004 since I already have a dedicated sub (SVS). They said that the 6.5" drivers in the BP10 will be much inproved over the others mentioned which have 4.5" and 5.25" drivers. The BP30 offers 4 6.5" drivers (BP10 only 2). Is the BP30 worth the extra $400/pair for these additional drivers? Asking for help because I cannot even audition these speakers because no one carries the BP series anymore since the power towers have become such a hot seller. They are still available, however. Just added onto my home and working with a budget. Room is 20x20 (I know, not ideal) and will include CLR2000 and BP2x. What do you think?

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The BP-30 will give you a little more bass,that's it.
You have to decide if thta's worth $400 or not.
To bad you can't audtion it.
I have a pair of BP10 myself.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
The BP10 with a good amp should give you more than enough bass considering you have a SVS sub. I have never heard the BP30, but if all it was adding was bass, I wouldn't get it over the BP10.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The BP-30 will give you a little more bass,that's it.
It will give you a LOT more bass. Seriously, you will be surprised at the amount of quality bass the BP30 can supply. But that's not all...

The BP30, IMO, is well worth the extra $400. I've argued for years that it's the best speaker in the entire DefTech lineup.

I auditioned the BP10 thinking it was the perfect speaker for me. I didn't bother listening to the BP30 because it was priced outside my budget. However, I was intrigued by the fact that it used the same driver configuration as the BP2000 & BP3000 so I gave it a shot.

In a direct comparison between the BP10 and BP30 I suddenly found the extra money in my budget for the BP30. It made the otherwise excellent BP10 sound anemic. Yes, the bass in the BP30 is phenomenal but it's the midrange that really shows the most improvement over the BP10. You get a much more full and robust midrange and overall a much more authoritative presence to your music.

I eventually added a pair of BP2000tl's to my system and moved the BP30's to the back as surrounds. They function well in that role but they outshine the BP2000 as a musical speaker in every way. I wish I would have gotten a second pair of BP30's and a dedicated subwoofer instead. My system would sound much better in that configuration.

Keir H

Second Unit
I agree with Camp, I used to own some BP 30's (now I have Linn) and they were delightful and put out a decent amount of clean bass in the 35-60 HZ region. I would get the 30's too because of the midrange quality I've witnessed plus they are often regarded as a outstanding HT speaker too. For music you could prob. get away with running them large and no sub possibly but your SVS will indeed fill in better down low. May have to look into your crossover choices. Good luck with either!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks