What's new

Hulu Death and Other Details (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Set amidst the glamor of the global elite, “Death and Other Details” centers on the brilliant and restless Imogene Scott (Violett Beane), who finds herself in the wrong place/wrong time (okay, it was kinda her fault) and becomes the prime suspect in a locked room murder mystery. The setting? A lavishly restored Mediterranean ocean liner. Suspects? Every pampered guest and every exhausted crew member. The problem? To prove her innocence, she must partner with a man she despises—Rufus Cotesworth (Mandy Patinkin), the world’s greatest detective.

CAST: The series stars Violett Beane, Mandy Patinkin, Lauren Patten, Rahul Kohli, Angela Zhou, Hugo Diego Garcia, Pardis Saremi and Linda Emond.

CREDITS: “Death and Other Details” is produced by ABC Signature. It’s written and executive produced by Mike Weiss and Heidi Cole McAdams, who also serve as showrunners. Marc Webb directed the pilot and executive produces along with Mark Martin for Black Lamb. David Petrarca also serves as executive producer.

TRAILER:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ll watch, did it start yet?

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I’m a fan of murder mysteries stemming from my high school years when I read a bunch of Agatha Christie novels and Asimov’s Elijah Baley series.

I don’t know what’s led to more and more murder mysteries being made over the past few years (the Branagh Christie adaptations, the Rian Johnson / Benoit Blanc series, Only Murders In The Building, A Murder at the End of the World, Mare of Easttown, etc.) but I like it!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Watched the first episode today after work. Violett Beane plays our heroine Imogen Scott as both believably brilliant and believably flawed. And her character has an enjoyably fraught backstory with Mandy Patankin's world-famous detective.

It definitely owes a debt to the Knives Out movies, both stylistically and in terms of its heightened world of colorful characters. But whereas the Knives Out movies lampoon the genre and bit and feature a lot of satire, this is more of a straightforward whodunnit. I wish the cast of suspects was more well-defined, but there's enough here to keep me on the hook.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I started this last week and have been watching one episode a night. I didn't know it would work out that way, but that gets me caught up in time for the final two episodes which are released tomorrow.

I've been enjoying it. Lots of nice twists as we learn more information.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A good ending to the mysteries.
Interview from the EW site

One really cool thing from the interview - I have not gone back to see it, but apparently they played fair with the clue we find out in Episode 9. It is there in the first episode. [Went back and indeed it is there.]

And they have plans for more stories and mysteries with the characters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks