What's new

Dear MGM. . . (1 Viewer)

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
Please, please, please, please, please release George Cukor's DAVID COPPERFIELDon DVD. I have it on VHS but could never find it on LD. I'm crossing my fingers.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Like all pre-1986 MGM films, David Copperfield is owned by WB.

A wait might happen, but it'll probably be worth it. Most 1930's films need quite a bit of restoration before DVD release to be watchable.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Those films would be great to have, but does WB think that there is any $$$ in releasing them? We can only hope that thought enters their heads.:frowning:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've backed off almost entirely from my earlier (constant) criticisms of Warner Bros' catalog release schedule. They seem to be putting in 500% more effort in getting older titles out now, including genre films which they had blatantly ignored before. My guess is that, if the current trend continues, films such as DAVID COPPERFIELD (which has historical value as containing the only straight role from W.C. Fields) and tons of others will actually see the light of day on DVD during this decade.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'd buy a copy.
Then again, I'm pretty much buying all the catalogue stuff Warner is putting out now. :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh, and I suggest asking one of the Admins to change the thread title. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks