What's new

dealers in new york city area (1 Viewer)

JohnZ

Agent
I am going to buy some Paradigm or B&W speakers. Does anybody happen to know any dealers in new york city area that have good prices on them? thanks

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
You can find the dealers in NYC on the websites for both B&W (http://www.bwspeakers.com/) and Paradigm (Link Removed).
I purchased my Paradigms as an upgrade from my evil Bose speakers at Park Avenue Audio (on Park Ave South & 29th I believe). The store is pretty small and the selection is limited, not to mention the listening conditions are not ideal, but the people there are pretty nice.
After a little while with the Paradigms (and after selling my car) I decided to upgrade to some B&W Nautilus 804s and I have been absolutely blown away them. I picked them up at Innovative Audio Video at 150 East 58th street (they also have a Brooklyn store). Again, I had a great experience and wasn't pressured at all. Being a 25 year-old with long hair and a goatee, it's quite a pleasant surprise to be treated like a valued customer and a high-end audio store the minute I step in the door (avoid The Stereo Exchange at all costs, unless you look like a million bucks!).
And as always, especially in New York City, try to hit the store during work hours mon-fri. These places get pretty crowded on the weekends, but during the week the salespeople tend to have a lot more time to spend with you.
Good luck, Brian
------------------
B&K ref 30 pre/pro
B&K ref 7250 amp
B&W N804 mains
B&W HTM2 center
B&W SCM surrounds (soon!)
CAL CLD-10
Toshiba SD-6200
Toshiba DST-3000
Perpetual Technologies P1-A
Monster HTS 3500

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks