What's new

Deadpool 2 (2018) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not really feeling that trailer personally.

This doesn't look anywhere near as fresh as the first one did and just seems like they're doing more of the same because they think that's what they should do.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Never really "got" Deadpool.

I mean, sure. The idea of a foul mouthed superhero with quips every minute, laced with cultural references and wink-wink stuff is fine in doses, but I'm definitely not in the demo for this.

Still, it's really cool to see different things for different audiences even if it's not for me. That's what I love about movies in general - something for everyone.

Haven't seen the first one. Maybe I will on a dare some day to see if I am missing something.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really feeling that trailer personally.

This doesn't look anywhere near as fresh as the first one did and just seems like they're doing more of the same because they think that's what they should do.
I felt the same way. I could feel the moments where I was supposed to laugh, but I didn't laugh once. Less funny, but far more self-satisfied. Not a great trend.

Legion

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Saw this new trailer today, and I am really looking forward to this movie.
In my opinion, I think they have really captured the whole essence of Deadpool. And Ryan Renolds play the character extremely well. It was almost as if he was born to play Deadpool.
With the start of X-Force too, opens up the flood gates for even more X-Stuff!
And then we've got the New Mutants coming soon too.
I am a huge Marvel fan and the next few years are truly going to blow my mind.
So excited, lol

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
According to a new TV spot, tickets go on sale Thursday.

I wonder how that's going to work out for Fox. Personally, I don't feel that this is one where I need to buy tickets a month ahead of time.

About the only franchises where I feel like it's that urgent are an Avengers movie or a Star Wars episode movie, and that's only because I typically go to the first available showtime of those.

With Deadpool, I don't feel any need to rush out on the Thursday. Especially since my theater does not do reserved seating, I'm sure I can just go to the theater at some point during its opening weekend and get in. For Black Panther, where I went to a theater that did have reserved seating, I bought that the night before the show just to be safe, and it still didn't sell out. I feel like Deadpool will have less demand than that did.

And: honestly, none of the marketing has done anything for me art all on this film. It just looks like more of the same, in a bad way. Plus, I've heard a rumored potential spoiler which I won't post here, if true, is not something that I would approve of, and yet I didn't mind hearing it. So, I personally am not really even sure how much I need to go to this one. I might still do it if I'm bored, or I might just go back to Infinity War again across the hall. I'm feeling really meh on this one at this point, which is unusual, because by this point in relation to the release of the first film, I was very excited.

I'd love to be wrong and to have this be a great, unmissable movie. But I'm just not getting that sense from it yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I totally knew what you meant Jake.

I was just trying to make the point that I often find myself misled by trailers as to whether a film is going to be one that I REALLY like.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was just trying to make the point that I often find myself misled by trailers as to whether a film is going to be one that I REALLY like.

That is true, too -- and I would agree with that that some of my favorite movies had bad trailers -- but we have to judge the movie by the trailers, because (until reviews come out) there is little else to help decide which ones are worth our money and which are not.

I'm on the fence right now, but if people here like it (not to mention my other friends who aren't HTFers), that will probably get me in the theater. This is not one that I feel the need to make special arrangements to go out on the opening Thursday for, so I suspect I may see posts with thoughts from other members before I would be in a position to go on the weekend anyway.

Conversely, if y'all think the movie is really bad, I'm more likely to stay away.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
but we have to judge the movie by the trailers,
I dislike seeing a movie the first weekend of release. While a movie's trailers may whet or dull my interest in a movie, waiting to see the movie gives me a chance to better gauge whether I want to see the movie. So I don't have to judge the movie only by it's trailer.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
While a movie's trailers may whet or dull my interest in a movie, waiting to see the movie gives me a chance to better gauge whether I want to see the movie.

That makes sense, but for me, I want to see new movies when they're new, and I go almost every weekend, so if I don't go when something is new, they pile up. Besides wanting to be in on the discussion of new titles both here and elsewhere in my life, the sooner you see the movie, the more likely it will be on the bigger screens in the theater complex. I also end up seeing pretty much every trailer in front of other movies, so naturally I form opinions of how I think they look. It's also really hard to avoid seeing a particular trailer without deliberately staying away from the theater, which I never do.

My point in my above post was that the job of the trailer is to make you want to see the film. In the case of Deadpool 2, the trailers have not done that for me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Fair enough. I should rephrase: I'm not getting the sense that I can't afford to miss it.
I don't get that about any film. I couldn't tell you the last film I saw on opening day, or even opening weekend for that matter. I have no FOMO when it comes to movies. They'll always be available on streaming or home video if I miss it in the theater.

I agree about the D2 trailers, though. Saw one last night on TV and nothing about it seemed that interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks