Deadpool 2 (2018) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Me too, Frank! :D

Lol.

I think I got my threads mixed up because I was also replying to one of Robert's posts in another thread around the time I wrote my post which you quoted. Obviously I meant to address that comment in response to Adam's post above mine.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Got me.

I hated The Princess Bride and don't know about any connections with Savage and Falk or anything. If that's Savage, I didn't recognize him. It's a joke that is totally lost on me.

Not the first time. Won't be the last. ;)
Okay, Mike. Now you are officially NOT my go-to guy with film recommendations! :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'd be wary of anyone who includes That Thing You Do! in their list of all-time favorite films (which I do)!

I do also. Love that movie.

Regarding Deadpool: the December 21 date puts it against Aquaman, among other titles, but Aquaman seems to be the most direct competition. Does Fox actually think comic book fans will choose a reheated PG-13 edit of a movie lots of people already saw over a totally new one in the same genre?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think the chance for success depends on how much fun they had with the alternate lines and/or scenes in order to get this reduced rating. If they go for totally off-the-wall, showing how ridiculous DP is in a PG-13 mode, it might be hilarious. If it's played straight, simply an edited version for a re-rating, then I wouldn't be interested.

Does anyone know if this was planned while shooting, so they could come up with alternate versions of scenes, or was this something just decided recently?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does anyone know if this was planned while shooting, so they could come up with alternate versions of scenes, or was this something just decided recently?

Good question. I think that is currently unclear. But the Fred Savage thing from the tweet is new, so there must be at least some actual new footage in it, which means they had to shoot that *for* something.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I do also. Love that movie.

Regarding Deadpool: the December 21 date puts it against Aquaman, among other titles, but Aquaman seems to be the most direct competition. Does Fox actually think comic book fans will choose a reheated PG-13 edit of a movie lots of people already saw over a totally new one in the same genre?

I'm far more interested in a PG13 cut of Deadpool 2 - which I think could be completely hilarious if they poke fun of how they tone it down.. in comparison to a movie (Aquaman) that I have really no interest at all in seeing after the total disaster of Justice League.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks