What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Deadpool 2 (2018) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had read prior to the movie about three cameos. One was the Vanisher. The other two were the dickheads at the truck when Cable arrives in present time. One was supposed to be Matt Damon and the other was an actor I can’t remember his name. So I’m looking and looking and if that was Matt Damon, it was a lot of makeup.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had read prior to the movie about three cameos. One was the Vanisher. The other two were the dickheads at the truck when Cable arrives in present time. One was supposed to be Matt Damon and the other was an actor I can’t remember his name. So I’m looking and looking and if that was Matt Damon, it was a lot of makeup.
Alan Tudyk was the third guy, but I couldn't recognize him or Damon the second time I watched the movie.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I was late to the party on this one, but I enjoyed it to a similar level to the first. I think the comedy and action might have been a little better, while the story was weaker. I agree that the film really took off from the parachute jump.

Couldn't quite believe who the vanisher was initially. I did however immediately notice that Juggernaut sounded like Marcus Fenix.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I was late to the party on this one, but I enjoyed it to a similar level to the first. I think the comedy and action might have been a little better, while the story was weaker. I agree that the film really took off from the parachute jump.

Couldn't quite believe who the vanisher was initially. I did however immediately notice that Juggernaut sounded like Marcus Phoenix.

Agreed. On the first viewing I liked it quite a bit but felt that it wasn't quite as good as the first one.

However, after my second viewing I think I'd put it about equal. As you said, stronger in some ways and weaker in others (in the ways you mentioned). I think I also had a better audience with the second viewing, and that can often contribute to the experience with funny movies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That was awesome. Though his death was a bit childish, even for this movie.
He wasn't dead. He was climbing out of the pool at the end.

Saw this today and enjoyed it. Loved the scenes with Blind Al, and laughed a lot at the baby legs.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
with a modest production budget of $110 million, and currently at $707 worldwide, Fox has to be extremely pleased.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
0EEFC846-B564-4E24-8B50-AD6219561BCD.jpeg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Disney thing. They don't really do hard R movies, so this could be a low-profile test run to see if there's a version of Deadpool that works in their PG-13 comfort zone.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought the same thing, Robert. Because the acquisition isn't complete yet, I'm not sure how much Disney will have direct input in this, but they'll certainly look at the results closely.

The December release calendar is so crowded, though, I really wonder how much impact a re-release will have versus the new films, even if it is a different cut.

It's also possible that interested under-17s actually saw Deadpool 2 over the summer by snaking into it after paying for something else, so may not feel the need to pay again to see the PG13 version.

At least they've already made their money on the original release, so whatever this does is essentially gravy.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got me.

I hated The Princess Bride and don't know about any connections with Savage and Falk or anything. If that's Savage, I didn't recognize him. It's a joke that is totally lost on me.

Not the first time. Won't be the last. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Got me.

I hated The Princess Bride and don't know about any connections with Savage and Falk or anything. If that's Savage, I didn't recognize him. It's a joke that is totally lost on me.

Not the first time. Won't be the last. ;)
That's it. I'm surprised you hate "The Princess Bride", but everybody's mileage varies on film appreciation.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Everybody and their brother told me how much I'd love Princess Bride. I couldn't abide it. Seemed like the dumbest thing I ever saw.

It really is weird how that works out sometimes. I know how beloved that film is and how much it's quoted, etc. I watched it and totally didn't get it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Another thought:

The original Deadpool (which, incidentally, I personally think is vastly superior to this one) never got a PG-13 release. It seems odd to prepare a PG-13 cut of a sequel to a movie that, theoretically, the younger audience hasn't seen instead of doing it with the first film first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks