Deadpool 2 (2018) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I told you not to watch it again.

Actually, you said:

No, you don't have to see the first one again.

I only took that to meant I would understand it without watching the first one again. You never actually said i *shouldn't* watch it again.

I don't have a problem with any of the things you mentioned in your post if they are in support of a compelling story. I just didn't feel like this one hit that mark. It felt like jokes were priority #1, violence was priority #2, and story was further down the list. In the first one, the jokes were hilarious, but I was surprised how much I cared about the story and those two characters. This didn't have that level of emotion.

Although the end credits scene revived her, I think killing Vanessa was a mistake, because the love between them gave the first movie its emotional through-line, and without it, there was a sizeable void that they weren't able to fill.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, you said:

I only took that to meant I would understand it without watching the first one again. You never actually said i *shouldn't* watch it again.

I don't have a problem with any of the things you mentioned in your post if they are in support of a compelling story. I just didn't feel like this one hit that mark. It felt like jokes were priority #1, violence was priority #2, and story was further down the list. In the first one, the jokes were hilarious, but I was surprised how much I cared about the story and those two characters. This didn't have that level of emotion.

Although the end credits scene revived her, I think killing Vanessa was a mistake, because the love between them gave the first movie its emotional through-line, and without it, there was a sizeable void that they weren't able to fill.
Dude, I was joking with you which is why I had the smilies.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It would probably actually help not to see the first one. We don’t see new movies this early, but because there are so many this summer and we were near our local imax we went today.

Both of us really enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as the first one. Much of what happened in D2 was funny, but more of the same from D1. Much of the best humour was winking at the audience and making fun of movies in general. The material after and during the end credits is almost worth the price of admission itself.
The opening credits were pretty damn funny too.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
My favorite bit was how things worked out with the parachute jump.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had my second viewing today as I needed to take a break from some home projects. I didn't laugh as much this time as my first viewing, but some of the jokes that didn't registered with me then did so this time. I can't wait for X-Force.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The trailers didn't do anything for me at all, so I went into this with low expectations, having loved the first one.

I ended up being pleasantly surprised. A lot of genuine laugh-out-loud moments, and I continue to enjoy the expanding cast of characters.

My favorite bit was how things worked out with the parachute jump.
That was when the movie got me fully on board. Just the sheer chutzpah of
killing off all but two members of the team right out of the gate floored me, in a good way.

I can't wait for X-Force.
I came into this not interested at all in X-Force, but came out of it actually looking forward to it -- if they keep most of the lineup from the end. Zazie Beetz was an enjoyable addition to this world as Domino, and I grew to enjoy the buddy cop dynamic between Deadpool and Cable. I love the acidic banter between Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and the addition of Shioli Kutsuna as her girlfriend Yukio who actually likes Wade (completely different from the excellent version portrayed by Rila Fukushima in The Wolverine) added another delightful layer to their interplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
The trailers didn't do much for me either, so I too had low expectations.

I started to get worried when the first 30 minutes or so went by with only a few chuckles. Though I did like how instead of repeating the same joke different punchline for the opening credits they instead referenced what had just happened.

But starting with the team interviews the movie really picked up for me. Loved all those jokes. (We've all eaten at arby's).
And when vanisher finally appeared he looked vaguely familiar, but he was on screen so briefly I couldnt quite recognize him. I'm looking forward to a repeat viewing to confirm his end credit.

And I had no idea...

Juggernaut was going to be in this.

That was awesome. Though his death was a bit childish, even for this movie.

Overall, other than a slow start I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to x-force as well.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The trailers didn't do much for me either, so I too had low expectations.

I started to get worried when the first 30 minutes or so went by with only a few chuckles. Though I did like how instead of repeating the same joke different punchline for the opening credits they instead referenced what had just happened.

But starting with the team interviews the movie really picked up for me. Loved all those jokes. (We've all eaten at arby's).
And when vanisher finally appeared he looked vaguely familiar, but he was on screen so briefly I couldnt quite recognize him. I'm looking forward to a repeat viewing to confirm his end credit.

And I had no idea...

Juggernaut was going to be in this.

That was awesome. Though his death was a bit childish, even for this movie.

Overall, other than a slow start I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to x-force as well.
I along with my viewing audience recognized him immediately as the audience burst out in laughter.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I burst out in laughter too, only at what happened to him rather than who he was. And then I laughed again when I saw his credit. So I got two laughs from the same joke. :)

I guess that made up for not having a Stan Lee cameo, unless I missed it. But then I don't think he could have topped his cameo from the first deadpool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks