questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Title: Deadpool 2 (2018)

Tagline: Prepare for the Second Coming.

Genre: Action, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, Morena Baccarin, Julian Dennison, Zazie Beetz, T.J. Miller, Leslie Uggams, Karan Soni, Brianna Hildebrand, Jack Kesy, Eddie Marsan, Shiori Kutsuna, Stefan Kapičić, Andre Tricoteux, Randal Reeder, Nikolai Witschl, Thayr Harris, Rob Delaney, Lewis Tan, Bill Skarsgård, Terry Crews, Brad Pitt, Paul Wu, Robert Maillet, Alan Tudyk, Matt Damon, Michasha Armstrong, Hayley Sales, Islie Hirvonen, Joe Doserro, Jagua Arneja, Gerry South, Mike Dopud, Luke Roessler, Andy Canete, Tanis Dolman, Eleanor Walker, Hunter Dillon, Sala Baker, Sonia Sunger, Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese, Abiola Uthman, Tony Bailey, David Leitch, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan

Release: 2018-05-15

Runtime: 119

Plot: Wisecracking mercenary Deadpool battles the evil and powerful Cable and other bad guys to save a boy's life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Didn't take long to see where that joke was going. The whole thing started feeling forced. The bit with the scroll was amusing in its complete randomness.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Didn't take long to see where that joke was going. The whole thing started feeling forced. The bit with the scroll was amusing in its complete randomness.
Yeah, the joke is essentially 30 very funny seconds but that got extended into 3 and a half minutes and that causes the gag run out of steam long before the end.

Maybe to you, but my "Logan" audience ate it up.
Same with my audience but as far as I'm concerned, less would have been a lot more.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Maybe to you, but my "Logan" audience ate it up.

Crowd dynamics are different than as an individual. Laughter can be infectious. It's not that I didn't find it funny to start; however, like TravisR stated, it ran out of steam.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Crowd dynamics are different than as an individual. Laughter can be infectious. It's not that I didn't find it funny to start; however, like TravisR stated, it ran out of steam.
I'm fine with you thinking it ran too long, but others feel differently.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I didn't feel like this ran too long (or if it did, by seconds more than by minutes), but in general, Deadpool has a "less is more" feel for me. I'd almost prefer a series of shorts like this rather than another full length Deadpool feature.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Anybody else notice the version playing before Logan is shorter than the one released on Youtube today? Stan Lee and the phone call were both missing from the version I saw today before Logan. Plus there were a few other missing bits.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah, the phone call and Stan Lee weren't in the theatrical version. Thought it worked better without the Stan Lee bit.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sometimes a joke going on "too long" past the point of where most people are "programmed" to expect it to end is the point of the joke. Family Guy uses this a lot to great effect.

This short was freaking great.

"Nathan Summers cumming soon!" Just great.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, the phone call and Stan Lee weren't in the theatrical version. Thought it worked better without the Stan Lee bit.

Just watched this online version. I think the theatrical version is the better version, but the extra Stan Lee and the phone call bits were fun too. Theatrical had the better flow though.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I think it is pretty funny.
I loved the "Firefly" posters, could Fox be thinking about bringing it back?

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Sometimes a joke going on "too long" past the point of where most people are "programmed" to expect it to end is the point of the joke. Family Guy uses this a lot to great effect.

I liked it and thought it was funny. And the length of the joke went on just for this reason which is completely appropriate for the style of Deadpool. It is nearly four minutes and it's something that won't even be a part of the finished movie so I'm not sure how valid the "too long" criticisms are. Especially considering the film is still in pre-production and won't start shooting until June so this will be all we'll see until an official teaser trailer containing scenes from the movie surfaces sometime next year.

It is strange though that those who saw it in the theater report the phone call and Stan Lee wasn't there. I wonder why two versions were created?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks