What's new

DBZ poster! (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Dark Horizons has a poster of the DBZ film. Some have questioned it's validity, but here it is. I did a search and did not find anything. Hope this hasn't already been posted. I have no idea about anything having to do with this film. But thought you might like to see it, if anyone is slightly interested.

Cool poster. But, why do I get the feeling of Power Rangers when I hear about this film?

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Somehow, my mental image of Dead-Beat Zombies sounds more interesting as a movie. :)
Thanks for defining it.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'll say this for it. At least it's something new, rather than the sickening amount of rehashes that Hollywood keeps greenlighting, long after the franchise is dead.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
No, it's not new. It's based on a TV series that is a spinoff (more like a sequel) to a series that was on TV before it. DBZ also ran for just under 300 episodes and has spawned several movies.

If anything, they should just take the cheesy Hong Kong live action movie (no, I haven't seen it).

This is such a BAD idea. They could at least use a good source for a movie.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
There have been no big screen films, at least in this country of this. It is new. There have been movies released on DVD and in Asia. But no big screen films. By your definition, Spider-Man isn't original in film form. I didn't mean original maerial. Original and new for the big screen in this country.
They could at least use a good source for a movie.
:laugh:You mean like Friday the 13th part 40, and Halloween part 50?
I just posted the poster, just in case someone wanted to see it. I didn't say it was a good idea.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Shit I'd go see it. I love DBZ, even though it is considered crap by the anime elite and has been adopted by annoying preteens and braindead potheads (maybe that's why I like it) who just like the fights. Despite the not so hot animation and the dragging out of every friggin thing that happens it still has some charm and is far more entertaining to me than a lot of anime that fans swear by. It has a pretty decent story, great fights (although way too dragged out) and if you pay attention it actually has pretty good character dynamics.

Although I've moved on to bigger and better anime DBZ still holds a place in my heart and I wouldn't mind seeing the type of action that happens in the anime on the big screen. It would be a lot more interesting and different from the typical wire-fu fight scenes that The Matrix popularized. If they had a decent budget, people who actually knew about the anime involved, and a decent script it could be good. But based on how they've hacked it up for American kids and dumbed it down I have little faith in it. If it does come out I might go see it for a matinee or something if I'm bored. Couldn't be worse than Eight Legged Freaks, H2O or Jason X.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'm not completely interested. I'd have to see what the word is on this film before even thinking about it. But I do agree with this statement.

It has a pretty decent story, great fights (although way too dragged out) and if you pay attention it actually has pretty good character dynamics.
It could be an entertaining fantasy flick with the right story and screenplay. I'm just not expecting that. I think they'll make it extremely kiddy, instead of making a serious, adult-oriented fantasy film.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm still way confused as to how a Dragonball Z movie is considered "new"...
Are Pokemon movies new? Was the Power Rangers movie new?
Hey, if you're excited for the movie, that's great. To me, this is just another video-game movie/sitcom adaptation/live-action cartoon movie/remake/rehash/sequel...
That doesn't mean it's necessarily gonna suck, tho. ;)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Well, have you seen a big screen version of DBZ released in the U.S.? That should answer your question.:) I guess that mean Spider-Man was too.;)
At this point, I don't have any interest in the film. I'm taking a serious wait and see approach. Even then, it's gonna have to get a really good word of mouth. I don't think that will happen. I just posted and image of the poster in case anyone was interested. Looks like that's not the case, not that it matters.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Is this a new American movie based on the DBZ franchise or is it just an American release of a Japanese film? Is it live-action or animated?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I don't even know Carl. I know nothing about the film. I'm guessing it's a new American movie based on the story, which is why I said it was new. As for live action or animated, again, have no idea.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Bad idea #2: make it live action.
I'd agree with that. I wouldn't necessarily agree with your bad idea #1. There's nothing really wrong with making an American version for this big screen. It's not any worse than most of the garbage that's being greenlighted nowadays.

But, like I said, it will have to get really good word of mouth for me to see it. I don't think it will. But I do agree with what Duane said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks