What's new

Danny Kaye on blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and The Inspector General are the ones on my hitlist..niether have surfaced on BRD. Although WB did release the DVD format for TSLOWM, the TIG is suspiciously MIA?? There are many 3rd gen Dups on $1 DVDs, the problem is there is no HD editions in the market right now..?

It's like when you want a homemade french Vanilla icecream with real vanilla bean and they hand you an immation wanna be milk bar, it's just SAD!!!
The closest I have seen to anyone trying was the "restored" Edition from Film Detctive. It's the best I've seen ao far but still in need of major help, at least they are trying!!

Someone needs to step up and do what some of these independent outfits, like Kino, Criterion or Olive films are doing, approaching the studios and negotiating a deal where not only they both benefit, but the audience will as well!!!
I saw a comment from Martin Scorcese saying that the clock is ticking on the films from the past and that todate almost 70% of so many films have already been lost!!! And many more are on thier way to becoming "Dead in the Can" from neglect...sad!!
70% are not LOST.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks