What's new

Dance Flick Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I was able to catch the latest Wayans's Brother's collaboration this morning and I have to say it's one of the biggest surprises of the year. Now, I've always been a big Wayans's Brother fan, having loved In Living Color and Don't Be a Menace - but considering they're new PG-13 approach, I was a bit worried. They definately pushed PG-13 to the absoulete limit and I honestly had a good time. There's definately a lot of goofy, funny, gross bits in here. There are tons of Wayans Brother's friends in cameos like Lochlyn Munroe and Chriss Elliott. It's not a perfect film, but I have to say it's a million, yes a million times better than some of the other spoof movies out there lately:

Date Movie - F
Epic Movie - D+
Meet the Spartans C-
Disaster Movie - F+
Superhero Movie - C+
An American Carol - F----------------------
Dance Flick - B-

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i give you all the kudos in the world for your ability to stomach all of those movies that i will probably never watch.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I will second Diallo's commendation. I respect that you are out there watching and rating movies that some of just can't bear to witness.

I thought Dance Flick's box office was okay so far:

Budget:$25M (estimated)Opening Wknd: $11.1M (USA)Gross:$11.1M (USA)

It should easily turn a profit, especially on DVD. Of course, that will mean a sequal. *sigh*

(Oh...and it is the "Wayans" not "Wayne"...;) )

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ryan, do you think a Wayan's fan who hasn't seen one of the dance movies this satires will still like this movie? By fan I mean I liked In Living Color, Don't Be a Menace..., and I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, not really, because if you haven't seen the dance movies they are trying to parody, you won't get as much out it.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I have to admit I have a kind of a "guilty pleasure" vibe and want to see this, but I probably will wait for the DVD, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks