What's new

Currently have Klipsch rf-7 & B&K Looking to add a new TV (1 Viewer)

Jay_

Auditioning
Looking for some advice on what new TV to purchase. I have a fairly old (non HD) 52 inch projection TV. For components I have:
B&K AVR200.7
B&K reference 50s2
Klipsch RF-7 home theatre system
Denon 2800
Monster 5100

Sounds great for music (I am going deaf) but I wanted to pick up a new monitor and not sure what to get. Any advice would be great!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jay, best of luck. Your thread has been moved to the Display Devices area, which is where you should ask your question. (The Basics area is strictly for general discssion about home theater at the beginner level.) Thanks.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jay

It appears you have some higher end audio gear. Based on that, I would recommend that you wait a couple months for the next generation of Sony SXRD sets and pick up their 60 inch XBR that will display 1080P.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand what the audio system has anything to do with video display choices, but in any case please address the basic questions:

What kind of budget do you have?
What kind of viewing do you do (movies DVD/HD-DVD/BRD/HD etc?, videogames, TV, etc)?
What kind of room environment is it: ambient light, dedicated room, etc?
What are your viewing preferences(you may not know yet)?
What video sources are you intending to use?
What viewing ratio will you be at?
Are you considering a projector?

etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks