What's new

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Superbit (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the region 1 dub actually. It is far better than the English dub on the Hong Kong version of the dvd, which I bought about 6 months ago. It was terrible.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I just bought this film and initially watched it with the english subtitles. The next day I watched it with the english dubs. To tell you the truth, I did not mind the english dub. I did not think it was as bad as people made it out to be. And it wasn't like those old time martial arts movies with really bad dubs.
my $0.02
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Dan_K

Grip
To those who own the new CTHD superbit, did they fix the subtitle issue on the Superbit release? I am referring to displaying the movie in the correct aspect ratio (2.35:1) on a 16x9 screen.
In the original R1 release the subtitles are played partially off-screen in the black bar area. In the original R1 release, the only way I can play this movie with subtitles is to play it in the wrong aspect ratio (1.85:1).
I'd really like to play this as I saw it in theaters.
BTW: I am playing this on a Toshiba SD-4109x.
Thanks for your assistance,
-Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Dan,
None of us have seen the Superbit release, but that's exactly my rant. It'll be the same as the current disc, as sadly all player generated subtitles on 2.35:1 presentations are displayed in such a way, even Phantom Menace DVD apparently suffers this fate.
The way around it is, I guess, to create an additional english subtitle track (specificaly for those using 16x9 displays to select) that sits higher on the screen and would result in it sitting within the film frame. Not known anyone to do this mind you, and sadly don't expect them to either.
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks