Is this Superbit?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DavidLim, Nov 12, 2004.

1. DavidLim

DavidLim Auditioning

Hey all,
    I'm a newb and just recently purchased my first Superbit-- "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"-- from half.com. However, I feel like I've been duped and am unsure if this is what superbit really looks like? The cover slip is not silver with the Superbit logo. It looks like a normal widescreen version. The only indication on the case that it is superbit is on the back underneath the "Interactive menus." The only other indication that it is superbit is on the dvd itself where it is labelled "Superbit." But is the DVD cover color supposed to be pink? I am unsure if I've been scammed or not. The DVD looks almost like someone burned it and put a real nice pink label on it. I would appreciate any help. THanks,

David

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

DVDs are discussed in the HT Software forums. The Movies forum is for discussion of film content.

What you have described looks exactly like the superbit Crouching Tiger that I have. The silver cover was a later design and was not used on the earliest superbits (though some were later reissued with a silver cover).

M.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

4. DavidLim

DavidLim Auditioning

Oh! my apologies, michael. Would it be possible to move this thread?

So even the pink dvd-label is also indicative of the older superbits?

Thanks,

David

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm not sure which "pink label" you're referring to. I have three superbits that have essentially the same covers as the original releases, except that they say "superbit" on the back (The Fifth Element, Desperado and Crouching Tiger).

Unless you have other reasons to suspect that you received a counterfeit disc, I wouldn't worry about the cover.

M.

6. DavidLim

DavidLim Auditioning

What I mean is on the DVD itself. The DVD label is pink with superbit written in the middle. Is this normal? I tried to look for pictures via the internet of actual DVD pictures but was unable to find any.

7. Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins Supporting Actor

all r1 superbits have the "pink" label's the r2 do not.
    The r1 packaging varies as the older films had normal front covers
    [​IMG]

8. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    A few of the Superbits I have had the silver packaging as a slipcover which pulls off revealing what looks like the regular DVD cover, with the only labeling as superbit on the back.

So, it sounds like you got the superbit DVD, but you didn't get the silver slipcover.

9. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

If there is still any question, the older Superbits had a plain jane menu when you stick the disc into your player that simply said Superbit. If you stick the disc into your player and anything other than a bare silver looking screen with a couple static menu options comes up, you've been duped.