What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I've never seen the film, either, but with "pig" being slang for cop, and a pig in blue, it was the first thing that came to mind.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Worth
I've never seen the film, either, but with "pig" being slang for cop, and a pig in blue, it was the first thing that came to mind.
It makes sense with the cracked lens too since I think it's about a cop that goes of the grid or something. I could probably imdb it.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Worth said:
Also, he rides a blue "hog." Never seen the movie though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
of course it is! Ugh, I should of got that one ha ha. I'm in for the bluray, never did buy the SD of it. Be cool if that can include the remake as well, it was pretty well done.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Worth said:
For future reference, the blue coloring has been verified as Criterion pictogram vocabulary for, "A Blu-ray release of..." You'll notice that some of these rebus clues are blue and some are not. Those that are not blue are generally 'new to the Collection' and those that are blue represent upcoming Blu-ray releases of titles already in the Collection on other formats.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Derrick King said:
The Blu-ray (and DVD) of Playtime, along with the DVDs of M. Hulot's Holiday and Mon oncle are OOP
Already have M. Hulot and Mon Oncle, and I just scooped up a Playtime BD from Amazon. Still available at under 30$ (thanks for the heads up--made sure to get the Criterion BD of The Third Man when the OOP notice was given in these parts back in the day).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
For those that are Region B capable, the BFI did release Blu-ray's of all four of the films (but not Parade, which was shot on SD video IIRC), with the last couple getting released in December before their rights expired due to the Tati estate's licensing deal with StudioCanal.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Brandon Conway said:
For those that are Region B capable, the BFI did release Blu-ray's of all four of the films (but not Parade, which was shot on SD video IIRC), with the last couple getting released in December before their rights expired due to the Tati estate's licensing deal with StudioCanal.
My copy of Mon Oncle is R2 DVD from BFI (bought it in London when I vacationed there some years ago) but I'm not region-free for BD, sadly (as I am for DVD). I can wait for BDs for Region A (cheaper than buying another player).

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Brandon Conway said:
Yep. Very disappointing. Maybe StudioCanal will release them via Lionsgate in the US, but they've been slow to get other films out. At least I got Playtime.
That would be great if Lionsgate would, but I don't think the Tati films stand a chance of another Region A release in their hands. They haven't even released Peeping Tom or The Trial yet.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Someone on Criterion's facebook page said that Mulvaney emailed him the following re: the Tati films
"Regarding Tati, we have recently renewed the rights and they will be going back in print with a new restoration sometime in the future. I hope this helps!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks