What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Russell, Thank you for relaying this announcement to the membership. We have been getting the press releases from Criterion very late these days. We will do our usual job of posting cover art and individual announcements either this evening or very early tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
No worries Ron, slow day at work and I stumbled on the Criterion twitter post pretty much right when they posted it. :) I'm in for: Richard III - though would of preferred a Olvier Shakespeare boxset since these titles have had a few releases by Criterion at this point and I'm yet to buy any of them Repo Man - Never got around to getting this before Naked Lunch - Upgrade my fairly awful looking Aliance DVD version. Any Criterion Cronenberg is a good thing. The Pierre Etaix set looks interesting too, but I'll wait for some reviews. Might not be my cup of tea.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Nothing really interesting to me. Already have Richard III on DVD in the original release. Russell - there is a Criterion Olivier box set. RIII is the first one to get a Blu upgrade, so it's a DVD box: http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/577-olivier-s-shakespeare

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein
Nothing really interesting to me. Already have Richard III on DVD in the original release.
Russell - there is a Criterion Olivier box set. RIII is the first one to get a Blu upgrade, so it's a DVD box:
http://www.criterion.com/boxsets/577-olivier-s-shakespeare
Thanks for the heads up, Moe. I nearly pulled the trigger on that set on a few of the sales. I was hoping we'd see a set like the Lean and Coward one from a year or so ago on bluray since these Olivier titles are all upgrades.
In fact, I might hold out on Richard III just in case it gets bundled in the future. Probably wont be able to help myself though...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Martin Teller
Definitely:
3:10 to Yuma
Safety Last!
Repo Man
Autumn Sonata
The Devil's Backbone
Lord of the Flies
Oshima's Boy
Eraserhead
The Kid
Le Samourai
Maybe:
The Tenant
Yo-Yo (Etaix Eclipse?)
Scanners
Gate to Hell
Babette's Feast
All That Heaven Allows
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
There is a new release of Scanners from Germany, looks much improved over the last release.
http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/comparison.php?cID=1449#auswahl

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein
New newsletter clue is out. A blue pig with one lens of his glasses broken. No idea what this one is...

I'm at a loss too. First thing that came to mind was the original "Animal Farm" cartoon. I'd love that, but I doubt it.
In the Christopher Nolan's Top 10 Criterion he picks "Greed" as one that should be in the collection. I'm holding thumbs that "Greed" would happen, though I presume it's unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bromleygarden
    Recent bookmarks