What's new

Coverart: X-Men 2 (1 Viewer)

Galen_V

Second Unit
I was just thinking that Paul. They really didn't use that tag line in the ads until like the week the movie came out, and when I saw it, it really looked like someone stuck it in there as an afterthought.

Britton

Screenwriter
Dan, if I were the man in charge of getting people to make DVD covers, I'd hire you in a heartbeat. :)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
What's the word I'm looking for to describe this cover?

Um... Ah... Oh, that's it...

Crap.

I'm not going to try and rationalize poor design.

It's bad, pure and simple.

Like someone stated earlier, the poster art is better 99.9% of the time.

Actually, can anyone show us a redesigned DVD cover that is better than its poster art?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Maybe DVD covers have become part of the actor's contract negotiations: "I want 10 Mio. $, 2% of the profits and I want my big head on the DVD cover!"
That could be the reason why they don't use the poster art so often today.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I like it :) And like others have said, I loved this flick so much that I'd buy it even if it came wrapped in a plain brown bag.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I think it looks awesome. I really didn't care for the "walking look" and think this is a major improvement. I can't wait for this release. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I'd buy it even if it came wrapped in a plain brown bag
I said the same thing about Fight Club :D

I'm not crazy about the cover art, but I've become a lot more forgiving about it lately. Sure the cover may look bad, but really the only thing I see on my shelf 99% of the time is the spine.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Although it's not that great, once i buy the movie, it's going to sit on my DVD shelf, and I'm only ever going to see the spine of the DVD case. I appreciate nice cover art as much as the next guy, but unless it's something really magnificent, like the elegance of the Fellowship EE, it doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I like the art although I'm not surprised to see a seperate foolscreen edition as well. You know the thing I hate though is that stores like Wal-Mart throw these discs in cardboard shippers with the format guarded. So some people just walk over, grab a fullscreen disc and walk off. I say fullscreen because they stock all fullscreen on the most viewable and accessible side while widescreen gets treated like a red-headed step-child. What a wonderful world this would be without Wal-Mart:D .

Anyway, hopefully that announcement gets here soon.

Dennis

Second Unit
Of course, I would've preferred the teaser poster with the stylized metalic "X" with the "2" in the middle.
I thought that would have been a simple, elegant cover. You think it would sell less copies that way? I don't think so.

The movie was great, and I'll probably buy it anyway, but I won't be as happy. :D

I like your cover Dan, I'd buy it. :b

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The cover's okay, it's certainly not a travesty, although it is a bit too "1.5" for my liking. But judging by some of the stuff going through the BBFC at the moment, this dvd is gonna be stacked and the cover will be the furthest thing from people's minds!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I appreciate nice cover art as much as the next guy, but unless it's something really magnificent, like the elegance of the Fellowship EE, it doesn't really matter a whole lot.
That's ironic considering that the cover art for the EE's are just the movie titles. But I know what you mean. :p)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I also have to say, "yuck". Actually, my biggest complaint is that the top is too cluttered with words. (Not to mention that the "United" tagline never worked for me.)

I actually don't mind the different cover art for FS. At least I won't mistake it for the real release.

Jason

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hmmm, well I really like the artwork; except for the cack X-Men United title. Way too cheesy! By the way, I've just heard that the disc specs won't be announced until Mid-August so not for another week or so. Doh!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Count me in as one who likes this artwork. Bold and it makes a statement (kind of).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks