What's new

Coverart: X-Men 2 (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Ok dokey, hopefully this will make up for the questionable X-Men 2 artwork I posted last time ;) Here we have the 100% official artwork which has just this second been released. Pretty nice even if I do say so myself! I don't have any details on disc specs at this stage but I imagine they will crop up very, very shortly.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Blech :)

Not horrible, but various other incarnations of the poster art would have been better.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Hmmm...it's uh...you know, I might get this title if the planets align themselves and.. oh who am I kidding - I LIKE! I WANT IT NOW! :D

very :cool:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
A bit on the extreme side. Looks like they decided to recycle the concept for the X-Men 1.5 art.

Also it looks like it won't be in a digipack to match the first movie's DVDs.

Sean*O

Second Unit
Looks fine to me. Better than the movie poster. It's really hard to design a good movie poster/DVD cover when the studios insist on actor's mug shots being the dominant design element. That's why those aftermarket or "fan" made DVD covers can often look better.. the designers aren't handcuffed.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They could have altered the color scheme to at least blend the actors into the background.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I kinda like it. I think its better than the theatrical poster with all the characters walking.
Of course, I would've preferred the teaser poster with the stylized metalic "X" with the "2" in the middle.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I like it! Not like it really matters...the movie kicked so much ass that I'd buy it if it didnt have any coverart...

TomWoodward

Second Unit
What annoys me is that the fullscreen artwork is slightly different to the widescreen art. For example, if you wanted Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart on the front instead you'd have to buy fullscreen :angry: Why can't they just leave them the same but with different banners? I posted the other cover over on our site, won't post the link here though or I'll get in trouble and I daren't expose this forum to the horrors of fullscreen :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I really wish that DVD designers would use the original theatrical poster art. MGM is by far the worst about this, but others do it too - I can't think of one DVD I own where I feel the new cover is better than the theatrical poster.

Britton

Screenwriter
They should have removed Nightcrawler and replaced him with Kelly Hu.

If Fox really want to impress me, they should have made a cover for every character poster that was used for marketing. The Wolverine, Rogue and Nightcrawler posters can be seen here at http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13875. I sure would've liked that Rogue poster for my DVD cover.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
No blech here, just eh... Why did they choose to use those characters though? Of all the cast to pick from, they could've gone with Magneto or Jean Grey or Professor X.

KyleK

Second Unit
X2 :thumbsdown:
X2: X-Men United :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
X-Men 2 :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Why, why can't it just be called X-Men 2?

Yep that cover's pretty bad, they should at least use a digipak to match the first one.

Movie was awesome though.

Kyle

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Not as good as the original poster art, but as others have said the movie's so damn good it doesn't really matter...

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
Its alright, but i hoped for better. They tried for simularity by making it similar to the XMEN 1.5 dvd, but made them look worse together by putting them in different styles of casing. Guess ill be making new covers for these...:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks