What's new

Cover Art - Thirteen (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Coverart with a thirteen year old sticking out her pierced tongue...

Roman Polanski would approve. ;)

I've heard nothing but good things about this film, I'll rent it at the very least.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Roman Polanski would approve.;)
Hehehehe....

I really recommend it. I caught it at a second run theater not long ago and was very impressed. Hard and sad to believe it is loosely based on someone's actual experiences.:frowning:

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the film is friggin' excellent. high marks especially for writing (realism), flow, cinematography and above all, acting. The lead girl is amazing. The film has some mild structural problems (co-written by a 14 year old, what do you expect), but they're not apparent unless you're a real cynic. Being a teenager (albeit an older and radically different one), I can't emphasize how accurate this film is. The events in this film are happening all over this country, right now. I encourage evryone to see it. it's Requiem for a Dream, omly far less intense and less stylized.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I really wish Fox had used the poster art in its entirety, instead of cropping the heads of the two girls and using a color scheme that's much less striking than the original.

Dissapointing cover art aside, I'm definitely looking forward to this DVD. It's a great movie.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I've heard nothing but good things about this film
Then you obviously haven't been in the room when I've been talking about it. :D If you've ever watched a week's worth of any soap opera and seen a Martin Lawrence comedy special on HBO, you've pretty much got all the ingredients that made this movie. I heard lots of reviewers and the like talking about how amazed they were that a teenager could write a movie. In retrospect, I can honestly say, I'm surprised teenagers don't write better movies than this.

Frankly, the Roman Polanski angle is the only reason to see this film, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks