Cover Art: ALL THAT JAZZ

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Lambert, Apr 26, 2003.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

[​IMG]

2. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

I vastly prefer the R2 artwork. The above cover looks way too much like a crossover attempt of Moulin Rouge and Chicago for my liking.

3. Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins Supporting Actor

AWFUL!!!!! Photoshop strkes again!

The original key art was so clean and classy. If Fosse were alive to see this, I don't think he would be happy.[​IMG]

4. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

I store my cases out of sight anyhow and keep my discs in windowed sleeves, but I'll play along....

I like this cover art just fine, actually. The one-sheet I have is nothing but the logo, which they preserved in the center of this artwork. I don't see this cover as cheapening the way the art for Universal's "Far From Heaven" is, or Columbia's "Murder by Death." Not even close.

5. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Where are these covers coming from - I see the covers up on the forum for this title and the Rose - does anyone have teh covers for Hello Dolly and Star?

6. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

This is one of those situations that the "old/original" art is such a classic that (IMO) its part of the film, messing with it is a real bad idea.

7. David Lambert

Joe, in Fox's information network the Star! listing has been removed for now, due to the title's delay (to add more supplements).

There is a listing for Hello Dolly, of course, and for the Simon & Garfunkel Concert In Central Park (due to be released as part of the same promotion as these others). But HD and S&G:CiCP don't have artwork in the system yet.

*I* thought the ATJ cover seemed rather pleasing, myself. It seemed like a nice mix of the well-known logo for fans, plus a collage of scenes from the film so that newcomers to this title would eaily determine if they should pick up the box when they see it on the shelf. I guess Fox can't please everyone, though. [​IMG]

8. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Terrible! Fox should have used the R2 cover art.

9. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    David,

Thanks for posting this cover art.

I have updated my review of the DVD with the
    final artwork.

10. David Lambert

You're welcome, Ron.

11. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Not a bad cover. But the cover for "The Rose" is really bad. Hasn't anyone in the marketing deparetment of Fox ever take an art class? They DO want to sell this title, don't they?

FOX use to have great art work on their Laserdiscs and VHS tapes. I believe the artist who use to work at Fox has moved over to Warners. (which may explain why Warners has beautiful cover art.)